Re: [NTB] Is this a known bug?

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2004
      Hi crichtj007,

      >Whenever I click on help in notetablight 4.95 I get a message
      >saying that NoteTab.exe appears to be corrupt and to download it
      >again. I fell for this a couple of times but now ignore it
      >without ill-effect.
      >
      >Help comes up ok eventually!

      If you did not delete NoteTab.exe before reinstalling, you might
      try that. I'd also check for viruses. You might trying asking
      over on the [NTO] Off Topic list for help. You can sign up via
      the link in all the footers on this list.

      >A great program. Larry's contributions are greatly missed!

      Yes, indded!

      Happy Tab'n,

    • james.homme@highmark.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9, 2004
        Hi,
        How do I search for a period (.) at the beginning of a line and replace it
        with an asterisk (*)? I want to replace all of them in a document.

        Thanks.
      • Hugo Paulissen
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 9, 2004
          > How do I search for a period (.) at the beginning of a line and
          replace it
          > with an asterisk (*)? I want to replace all of them in a document.

          Hello James,

          You don't need a regular Expression for that. Just look for "^P." (^P
          stands for paragraph mark) and replace with "^P*".

          Note: If the period appears at the beginning of the file you may have
          to replace that manually.

          Help says:
          The Find and Replace dialog boxes accept tokens to represent special
          characters:
          ^T = Tab ($09)
          ^B = Page break ($0C)
          ^P = Paragraph (carriage-return/line-feed pair)

          The following are not available in NoteTab Pro:
          ^C = Carriage-return ($0D)
          ^L = Line-feed ($0A)

          Hugo

          Come over to the clips list if you still need that regex ;-)
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 9, 2004
            Hugo Paulissen wrote:

            >> How do I search for a period (.) at the beginning of a line and
            >
            > replace it
            >
            >> with an asterisk (*)? I want to replace all of them in a document.
            >

            > Hello James,
            >
            > You don't need a regular Expression for that. Just look for "^P." (^P
            > stands for paragraph mark) and replace with "^P*".
            >
            > Note: If the period appears at the beginning of the file you may have
            > to replace that manually.
            > Regards,
            >
            > Hugo
            >
            > Come over to the clips list if you still need that regex ;-)

            James,

            I struggle with Regexp every time I try to use it in the Find box or in
            a script. 'Goto', Help > Help Topics > Index, scroll down to REGEXP.

            Help indicates, to find matches at the beginning of a line use a leading
            caret.

            Caret (^)
            Matches at the beginning of a line only. A ^ occurring ANYWHERE in the
            match expression (except within a character class) is interpreted in
            this manner. This allows meaningful use of ^ in combination with
            grouping or alternation (see below).

            Help also indicates, match a literal character, enter the character with
            a leading backslash

            Backslash (\)
            Followed by a single character matches that character. For example, '\*'
            matches an asterisk, '\\' matches a backslash, '\$' matches a dollar
            sign, etc.

            To answer your question, I think, you you would use something like the
            following.

            On the Find side use, asterisk\backslash\period; ^\.
            on the Replace side you would
            use only a single asterisk; *

            hrs