Is this a known bug?

  • crichtj007
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
      Hi folks

      Whenever I click on help in notetablight 4.95 I get a message saying
      that NoteTab.exe appears to be corrupt and to download it again. I
      fell for this a couple of times but now ignore it without ill-effect.

      Help comes up ok eventually!

      A great program. Larry's contributions are greatly missed!
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2004
        Hi crichtj007,

        >Whenever I click on help in notetablight 4.95 I get a message
        >saying that NoteTab.exe appears to be corrupt and to download it
        >again. I fell for this a couple of times but now ignore it
        >without ill-effect.
        >
        >Help comes up ok eventually!

        If you did not delete NoteTab.exe before reinstalling, you might
        try that. I'd also check for viruses. You might trying asking
        over on the [NTO] Off Topic list for help. You can sign up via
        the link in all the footers on this list.

        >A great program. Larry's contributions are greatly missed!

        Yes, indded!

        Happy Tab'n,

      • james.homme@highmark.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 9, 2004
          Hi,
          How do I search for a period (.) at the beginning of a line and replace it
          with an asterisk (*)? I want to replace all of them in a document.

          Thanks.
        • Hugo Paulissen
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 9, 2004
            > How do I search for a period (.) at the beginning of a line and
            replace it
            > with an asterisk (*)? I want to replace all of them in a document.

            Hello James,

            You don't need a regular Expression for that. Just look for "^P." (^P
            stands for paragraph mark) and replace with "^P*".

            Note: If the period appears at the beginning of the file you may have
            to replace that manually.

            Help says:
            The Find and Replace dialog boxes accept tokens to represent special
            characters:
            ^T = Tab ($09)
            ^B = Page break ($0C)
            ^P = Paragraph (carriage-return/line-feed pair)

            The following are not available in NoteTab Pro:
            ^C = Carriage-return ($0D)
            ^L = Line-feed ($0A)

            Hugo

            Come over to the clips list if you still need that regex ;-)
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 9, 2004
              Hugo Paulissen wrote:

              >> How do I search for a period (.) at the beginning of a line and
              >
              > replace it
              >
              >> with an asterisk (*)? I want to replace all of them in a document.
              >

              > Hello James,
              >
              > You don't need a regular Expression for that. Just look for "^P." (^P
              > stands for paragraph mark) and replace with "^P*".
              >
              > Note: If the period appears at the beginning of the file you may have
              > to replace that manually.
              > Regards,
              >
              > Hugo
              >
              > Come over to the clips list if you still need that regex ;-)

              James,

              I struggle with Regexp every time I try to use it in the Find box or in
              a script. 'Goto', Help > Help Topics > Index, scroll down to REGEXP.

              Help indicates, to find matches at the beginning of a line use a leading
              caret.

              Caret (^)
              Matches at the beginning of a line only. A ^ occurring ANYWHERE in the
              match expression (except within a character class) is interpreted in
              this manner. This allows meaningful use of ^ in combination with
              grouping or alternation (see below).

              Help also indicates, match a literal character, enter the character with
              a leading backslash

              Backslash (\)
              Followed by a single character matches that character. For example, '\*'
              matches an asterisk, '\\' matches a backslash, '\$' matches a dollar
              sign, etc.

              To answer your question, I think, you you would use something like the
              following.

              On the Find side use, asterisk\backslash\period; ^\.
              on the Replace side you would
              use only a single asterisk; *

              hrs