[NTB] keep bookmarks in a file when it is reopened

  • Rob Henrichon
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2004
      Hello All,

      Is there a method to saving bookmarks in a file when you close it out?
      When I reopen the file - the bookmarks are gone. They are so helpful when coding - there must be a way.

      Thanks for all help!

      Regards,

      Rob Henrichon
      Ontrack Interactive Media
      129 Spruce St.
      Rutland, VT. 05701

      Voice: 802-236-2038
      Email: ontrack100@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2004
        Hi Rob,

        No, the bookmarks are lost after you close the file. They are
        also lost in between Outline Topics. If you need help with Clips,
        please signup for the Clips list. See the footer in any [NTB]
        message.

        Welcome to Bookmarks
        Last updated on 08-02-2004 by Jody Adair
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/bookmark.zip

        This is a Library to use for setting and going to bookmarks. Read
        the highlighted Clips for information about its section such as:
        Text Bookmarks, Single Click Bookmarks... Be sure to run the "-
        Setup -" Clip to designate the bookmark format you want to use
        and where to insert the bookmarks. It inserts text into your
        document, so please read "Text Bookmarks" and the popup boxes,
        especially in the "Remove All Bookmarks" Clip. (It's not as risky
        as it sounds, really! This comes with a no money back guarantee
        though! :) There one click Clips to insert bookmarks, remove
        them, scan through, remove all, and more. You can make it so that
        the bookmark designator you create is highlighted. The bookmark
        designators and the one clickers are stored in an INI file called
        stored in the bookmarks.ini file in the NoteTab Libraries folder.

        There's a Clip that adds almost all of the Clips so that you can
        put it on your default Clipbar (registered users only) and only
        open the Library when you want to for whatever reason. It comes
        with an icon for the Clipbar at no extra charge! :) My help
        Outline for "Information on Clips and the Clipbar" is also in the
        zip file. The Library can be toggled on/off the Libraries Bar
        from the Clipbar. The Library works in NoteTab Outlines also!
        (See the very bottom of the Clip.) (There's some examples of
        using Clips to use NoteTab's bookmarks as well so you don't have
        to do a bunch of clicking if you are not a keyboard person. :)

        Fookes Software Home (Allow cookie to be set please. :)
        NoteTabbers Assistant Page (for more Clips and Libraries)
        http://www.notetab.net
        Buy with secure PayPal: http://www.notetab.net/html/paypal.htm
        Buy using mail order: http://www.notetab.net/html/prtorder.htm

        General Information...

        >Is there a method to saving bookmarks in a file when you close it
        >out? When I reopen the file - the bookmarks are gone. They are so
        >helpful when coding - there must be a way.

        Happy Tab'n,