Introducing InSight - An Outline-compatible Editor.

  • RS
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2004
      Hi Everyone,

      Time and again, over the years, we have felt the need to have improved tools to deal with files we had created in NoteTab. To that purpose, I first created ClipWriter, which was intended to make writing and debugging clips easier and faster.

      The next major area that needed a more advanced tool, consequently, were the Outline files or OTLs. To that end, I started working more than three years ago on a new application that would keep a browsable history list, that would enable users to go back to previously edited topics, and allow having multiple topics opened at the same time. Another primary concern was the ability to use font styles, like bold, italics and underline in Outline topics.

      Overtime, the scope and flexibility of this application evolved into a whole range of other features far beyond what was originally intended, mostly as the result of ideas and suggestions from our beta-testers. Since in one of its latest developments, we added the capacity to manage .txt files as a text editor, we are not going to advertise this new program here, on the NoteTab list --- but, being such an excellent complement to NoteTab, we think it is only fair to let you know of its existence.

      People have, every now and then, expressed the wish that there were other programs compatible with NoteTab outlines, since that would have enhanced the value of NoteTab in their eyes, making it possible to share outline files with a wider range of computer users.

      We are sure that NoteTab users will find InSight to be a valuable tool that can complement NoteTab, with features like a multi-file multi-topic tabbed interface, syntax highlighting, columnar blocks, history lists, and much more...

      You can learn more about InSight here:

      http://www.dataomega.com/insight

      There is also a special limited time offer for registered users of ClipWriter, as well as a ClipWriter-InSight bundle for those who don't yet have ClipWriter and might wish to have both programs. Information on these specials can be found on the ClipWriter site.

      Please do not reply here to this message, since this is a forum for NoteTab. You can address any comments or inquiries to the InSight mailing list which, in much the same way as the NoteTab lists, is a users list completely independent from the author. You'll find instructions on how to subscribe to this list on the InSight web site. - Thank you.

      Best regards,

      Ramon Silvera
      Author of ClipWriter and InSight
      http://ptools.home.att.net/ClipWriter/cw.htm