Re: [NTB] (unknown)

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2004
      everykid@... wrote:

      >Hi, I followed the setup procedures to the "T" but now when I open NoteTabPro I get a message saying the MKitF.exe has not been fully loaded and that I should use "Filter Binary Codes" if I want to load the entire file next time. What does that mean? How do I use "Filter Binary Codes." I saw no reference to such as the program was being downloaded.
      >Also, what is the best source for basic information, such as how to set where lines split, etc.?
      >I'll appreciate any help!
      >Phil Smith

      Phil,

      As Marcelo stated, MKitF.exe is some sort of executable (program) file.
      I didn't know exactly where to look so I Googled MKitF.exe. I didn't
      get too much info, it appears to be an IE add-on which adds a button to
      IE and transmits links to a web site. There was an indication that it
      was somehow associated with McAffee software. I don't know how accurate
      that is but I searched my hard drive and that file is nowhere on my disk.

      Whatever it is, it should have nothing with NoteTab. Sounds as if it's
      trying to attach itself to NoteTab which NoteTab sees as a loading
      attempt therefore you get the binary file warning.

      You should explore your system to find out why that file is present. It
      may have something to do on the order of adware or a spybot.

      hrs