folding text

  • dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2004
      Hi
      I hate to seem dum but what does everybody mean by folding text.

      THANKYOU DAVE
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2004
        Hi Dave,

        >I hate to seem dum but what does everybody mean by folding text.

        Simply put it is like hiding or collapsing text so that you don't
        have to scroll vertically as much. It is like Windows Explorer
        (or My Computer) when you click on the minus sign next to a
        folder and it closes so that you do not see the folders and files
        allowing for less scrolling.

        The same question was asked on one of the lists a few days ago
        and there were some good answers. It also prompted Harvey (hrs)
        to build a Clip on the Clips list that will remove the text and
        put it in a file, then write it back in from the file when one
        wants to see. I think that is what he was doing - just glanced at
        it. I made a Clip to use that method many years ago. (Search for
        "Folding Text - clip" without the quotes on the ntb-clips list at
        yahoogroups to see the Clip and learn a lot of things.) See the
        information later in this post about the different mailing lists.
        There was also/is also discussion going on on the OffTopic list
        as well.

        However, that is butchering the document. <g> Of course it works,
        but, well it's easier to quote. Melchior said on the Clips list:

        To clarify our wish for a "folding option" in
        Version 5 I have to mention that a real folding
        would not alter the file itself but just the way
        it's shown by the editor. So you could have a
        folded html file, press F8 and see it in your
        browser.

        It's amazing the work-arounds that one can come up with in
        NoteTab. I've saved 1000s and 1000s of hours of time doing things
        that I probably wouldn't even attempt to do without NoteTab's
        Clip Code.

        Lotta on the OffTopic list reply to one question with this plus
        some more...

        To get a fairly good impression of how it works you can view an
        unstyled XML document in IE. Here's one:
        http://www.webstandards.org/buzz/index.xml

        either of the links below. We use yahoogroups for the lists.
        Please read the following if you decide to sign up!

        If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do *not*
        post questions about NoteTab Clips and other scripting languages
        (such as RegExp, Perl, CGI, etc.) on the NoteTab Basic list.

        are for discussion of those programs.

        are a lot more flexible, for instance, Clips can be and are
        welcomed on the HTML list. Thanks!!!

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home ;) Thanks!

        Happy Tab'n,