Re: [NTB] sticky scrollbar

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2004
      Hi madgod313,

      >I feel like I'm intruding, but...
      >Has anyone other than me had this happen?

      Not on the lists, no I don't feel like I'm intruding. <bg>

      >The scrollbar of NTLight will follow the mouse pointer if I left-
      >click on it only once and then release. Another click anywhere
      >within the NT window "unsticks" it. Click again on the desktop or
      >another window and then on the scrollbar again, and again it is
      >tied to the cursor.
      >
      >It only happens in one other program that I know of, and in that
      >one it is not reproducible. Seems random. Not sure if it always
      >used to happen with NT. I don't have a clue. It's not a problem,
      >just an interesting... bug? feature? lol

      It happens to me, that is, scrolls where the cursor is in web
      form pages all the time. As far as NoteTab Pro/Std/Light/Logitech
      go, the window panes need to have full focus in order for them to
      scroll. More below...

      Make sure you have the mouse extension software running. The
      mouseware/software and drivers are an extension of MS' and Logitech
      wheel mouse drivers. The mouseware/drivers need to be running at
      least in the background to get all the extended features. You can
      hide the icon from the system tray. I know with my Logitech I must
      keep the configuration software running in the background for it to
      work. Logitech's extension software is EM_EXEC in the Task Manager
      and Intellimouse is Point32. (You can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open
      the Task Manager).

      This is how mine is working and seems like it has always been like it,
      except for minor changes throughout Win OS releases.

      It has pretty much always been the way it is in NoteTab. That is,
      you need to activate the window pane by clicking on an item in
      the list (like a Clip in the Clipbook F4) or a file in the Quick
      List F6). Basically, you need the cursor in the pane you want to
      scroll in in order for it to work when you have more than one
      pane open. In the Clipbook, I/you (?) need to have Single click
      to execute unchecked in Options under the Clipbook tab in order
      to scroll with the wheel. The combobox above the Clips works the
      same way as does the one in QuickList; they need full focus to
      wheel scroll.

      I'm running Logitech Mouseware 9.9 on a USB Optic Wheel in WinXP
      Pro. I'll check for updates.

      Happy Topics,
      Jody

      The NoteTab Off-Topic List
      All Fookes Software mailing lists:
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2004
        Hi madgod313,

        We should take this over to the ntb-OffTopic list now. See my
        signature line to signup for it or click on a link below.

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        I corrected a typo in the Logitech version number below and added
        some Logitech links. Anyway, please reply on the OffTopic list.
        If there is a fix (like upgrading maybe) I'll post back over here
        the instructions/comments.

        > I feel like I'm intruding, but...
        > Has anyone other than me had this happen?

        Not on the lists, no I don't feel like I'm intruding. <bg>

        > The scrollbar of NTLight will follow the mouse pointer if I
        > left-click on it only once and then release. Another click
        > anywhere within the NT window "unsticks" it. Click again on the
        > desktop or another window and then on the scrollbar again, and
        > again it is tied to the cursor.
        >
        > It only happens in one other program that I know of, and in
        > that one it is not reproducible. Seems random. Not sure if it
        > always used to happen with NT. I don't have a clue. It's not a
        > problem, just an interesting... bug? feature? lol

        It happens to me, that is, scrolls where the cursor is in web
        form pages, comboboxes, and windows all the time. As far as
        NoteTab Pro/Std/Light/Logitech go, the window panes need to have
        full focus in order for them to scroll. More below...

        Make sure you have the mouse extension software running. The
        Mouseware/software and drivers are an extension of MS' and
        Logitech wheel mouse drivers. The Mouseware/drivers need to be
        running at least in the background to get all the extended
        features. You can hide the icon from the system tray. I know with
        my Logitech I must keep the configuration software running in the
        background for it to work. Logitech's extension software is
        EM_EXEC in the Task Manager and Intellipoint is Point32. (You
        can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager).

        This is how mine is working and seems like it has always been
        like it, except for minor changes throughout Win OS releases.

        It has pretty much always been the way it is in NoteTab. That is,
        you need to activate the window pane by clicking on an item in
        the list (like a Clip in the Clipbook F4) or a file in the Quick
        List F6). Basically, you need the cursor in the pane you want to
        scroll in in order for it to work when you have more than one
        pane open. In the Clipbook, I/you (?) need to have Single click
        to execute unchecked in Options under the Clipbook tab in order
        to scroll with the wheel. The combobox above the Clips works the
        same way as does the one in QuickList; they need full focus to
        wheel scroll.

        I'm running Logitech Mouseware 9.7 on a USB Optic Wheel in WinXP
        Pro.

        I just installed the latest Mouseware (9.79.1 build 25) drivers
        for my Logitech Optic Wheel like the blue ones, but this one is
        black. Anyway, the same behavior happens.

        A reminder to post this on the OffTopic list. See below.

        You may need to copy/paste long links; The following is for the
        Mouseware for Logitech mice running on XP. (It has the drivers
        and options for the mouse.)

        I'm running Logitech Mouseware 9.7 on a USB Optic Wheel in WinXP
        Pro. I'll check for updates. I'm downloading the latest now:

        Title: Mouse Software For PC
        Version: 9.79.1 build 25
        Platform: Windows XP

        http://www.logitech.com/ > Support > Downloads or just Downloads
        Logitech | Support | Downloads ...
        Hot Downloads
        Link -->MouseWare v9.79<-- released in Dec 2003. Upgrade now!
        http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?countryid=19&languageid=1&page=downloads/software&CRID=1793&contentid=6003

        Select your platform
        http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/mw9791enu.exe

        (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/categories/US/EN,CRID=1793)