sticky scrollbar

  • madgod313
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2004
      I feel like I'm intruding, but...
      Has anyone other than me had this happen? The scrollbar of NTLight
      will follow the mouse pointer if I left-click on it only once and then
      release. Another click anywhere within the NT window "unsticks" it.
      Click again on the desktop or another window and then on the scrollbar
      again, and again it is tied to the cursor.

      It only happens in one other program that I know of, and in that one
      it is not reproducible. Seems random. Not sure if it always used to
      happen with NT. I don't have a clue. It's not a problem, just an
      interesting... bug? feature? lol
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2004
        Hi madgod313,

        >I feel like I'm intruding, but...
        >Has anyone other than me had this happen?

        Not on the lists, no I don't feel like I'm intruding. <bg>

        >The scrollbar of NTLight will follow the mouse pointer if I left-
        >click on it only once and then release. Another click anywhere
        >within the NT window "unsticks" it. Click again on the desktop or
        >another window and then on the scrollbar again, and again it is
        >tied to the cursor.
        >
        >It only happens in one other program that I know of, and in that
        >one it is not reproducible. Seems random. Not sure if it always
        >used to happen with NT. I don't have a clue. It's not a problem,
        >just an interesting... bug? feature? lol

        It happens to me, that is, scrolls where the cursor is in web
        form pages all the time. As far as NoteTab Pro/Std/Light/Logitech
        go, the window panes need to have full focus in order for them to
        scroll. More below...

        Make sure you have the mouse extension software running. The
        mouseware/software and drivers are an extension of MS' and Logitech
        wheel mouse drivers. The mouseware/drivers need to be running at
        least in the background to get all the extended features. You can
        hide the icon from the system tray. I know with my Logitech I must
        keep the configuration software running in the background for it to
        work. Logitech's extension software is EM_EXEC in the Task Manager
        and Intellimouse is Point32. (You can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open
        the Task Manager).

        This is how mine is working and seems like it has always been like it,
        except for minor changes throughout Win OS releases.

        It has pretty much always been the way it is in NoteTab. That is,
        you need to activate the window pane by clicking on an item in
        the list (like a Clip in the Clipbook F4) or a file in the Quick
        List F6). Basically, you need the cursor in the pane you want to
        scroll in in order for it to work when you have more than one
        pane open. In the Clipbook, I/you (?) need to have Single click
        to execute unchecked in Options under the Clipbook tab in order
        to scroll with the wheel. The combobox above the Clips works the
        same way as does the one in QuickList; they need full focus to
        wheel scroll.

        I'm running Logitech Mouseware 9.9 on a USB Optic Wheel in WinXP
        Pro. I'll check for updates.

        Happy Topics,
        Jody

        The NoteTab Off-Topic List
        All Fookes Software mailing lists:
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 17, 2004
          Hi madgod313,

          We should take this over to the ntb-OffTopic list now. See my
          signature line to signup for it or click on a link below.

          http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

          I corrected a typo in the Logitech version number below and added
          some Logitech links. Anyway, please reply on the OffTopic list.
          If there is a fix (like upgrading maybe) I'll post back over here
          the instructions/comments.

          > I feel like I'm intruding, but...
          > Has anyone other than me had this happen?

          Not on the lists, no I don't feel like I'm intruding. <bg>

          > The scrollbar of NTLight will follow the mouse pointer if I
          > left-click on it only once and then release. Another click
          > anywhere within the NT window "unsticks" it. Click again on the
          > desktop or another window and then on the scrollbar again, and
          > again it is tied to the cursor.
          >
          > It only happens in one other program that I know of, and in
          > that one it is not reproducible. Seems random. Not sure if it
          > always used to happen with NT. I don't have a clue. It's not a
          > problem, just an interesting... bug? feature? lol

          It happens to me, that is, scrolls where the cursor is in web
          form pages, comboboxes, and windows all the time. As far as
          NoteTab Pro/Std/Light/Logitech go, the window panes need to have
          full focus in order for them to scroll. More below...

          Make sure you have the mouse extension software running. The
          Mouseware/software and drivers are an extension of MS' and
          Logitech wheel mouse drivers. The Mouseware/drivers need to be
          running at least in the background to get all the extended
          features. You can hide the icon from the system tray. I know with
          my Logitech I must keep the configuration software running in the
          background for it to work. Logitech's extension software is
          EM_EXEC in the Task Manager and Intellipoint is Point32. (You
          can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager).

          This is how mine is working and seems like it has always been
          like it, except for minor changes throughout Win OS releases.

          It has pretty much always been the way it is in NoteTab. That is,
          you need to activate the window pane by clicking on an item in
          the list (like a Clip in the Clipbook F4) or a file in the Quick
          List F6). Basically, you need the cursor in the pane you want to
          scroll in in order for it to work when you have more than one
          pane open. In the Clipbook, I/you (?) need to have Single click
          to execute unchecked in Options under the Clipbook tab in order
          to scroll with the wheel. The combobox above the Clips works the
          same way as does the one in QuickList; they need full focus to
          wheel scroll.

          I'm running Logitech Mouseware 9.7 on a USB Optic Wheel in WinXP
          Pro.

          I just installed the latest Mouseware (9.79.1 build 25) drivers
          for my Logitech Optic Wheel like the blue ones, but this one is
          black. Anyway, the same behavior happens.

          A reminder to post this on the OffTopic list. See below.

          You may need to copy/paste long links; The following is for the
          Mouseware for Logitech mice running on XP. (It has the drivers
          and options for the mouse.)

          I'm running Logitech Mouseware 9.7 on a USB Optic Wheel in WinXP
          Pro. I'll check for updates. I'm downloading the latest now:

          Title: Mouse Software For PC
          Version: 9.79.1 build 25
          Platform: Windows XP

          http://www.logitech.com/ > Support > Downloads or just Downloads
          Logitech | Support | Downloads ...
          Hot Downloads
          Link -->MouseWare v9.79<-- released in Dec 2003. Upgrade now!
          http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?countryid=19&languageid=1&page=downloads/software&CRID=1793&contentid=6003

          Select your platform
          http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/mw9791enu.exe

          (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/categories/US/EN,CRID=1793)