In Memory of Larry Thomas

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 15, 2004
      Hello Everyone,

      I am sorry to inform you that Larry Thomas passed away the day
      before yesterday. Those of you who have been on the lists for
      awhile know that Larry has been one of the top contributors,
      giving much his time to help others out. Unselfishly, Larry gave
      to the lists regularly (besides a period of time for a long
      hospital stay) from their start, over 6-7 (?) years now. He was
      certainly a giver and did very little taking! Larry's messages
      were always friendly and helpful! He was a friend to me and those
      of us who knew him will miss him greatly!

      Sadly, yet for a short time,
      Jody Adair
      (1 Th. 4:13-18 :)
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 15, 2004
        Oh no! Had he been sick? He will be sorely missed!

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 15, 2004
          Hi Julie,

          >Oh no! Had he been sick? He will be sorely missed!

          I don't think he had been sick since he was posting fairly soon
          before his death. His half-brother wrote some of us in his
          addressbook that he had mentioned over the time. I did not ask
          what the cause was when I wrote him back. -jody

          >> I am sorry to inform you that Larry Thomas passed away the day
          >> before yesterday. Those of you who have been on the lists for
          >> awhile know that Larry has been one of the top contributors,
          >> giving much his time to help others out. Unselfishly, Larry
          >> gave to the lists regularly (besides a period of time for a
          >> long hospital stay) from their start, over 6-7 (?) years now.
          >> He was certainly a giver and did very little taking! Larry's
          >> messages were always friendly and helpful! He was a friend to
          >> me and those of us who knew him will miss him greatly!
        • LaurieK
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 15, 2004
            OH goodness.... (I know you don't hear from me too often anymore) but our
            prayers go out to his family!!!!

          • kerry@GilaMountainDulcimers.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 15, 2004
              This is very sad news!!! He certainly was everything you said he
              was. He will be missed.

              (((((hugs)))))
              Kerry Anderson, New Mexico
              http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com
              Amazing Dulcimers!
              Also Books and CDs, Clubs and Festivals

              Sponsor --------------------~-->
              > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/NhFolB/TM
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • John Zeman
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 15, 2004
                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
                > Hello Everyone,
                >
                > I am sorry to inform you that Larry Thomas passed away the day
                > before yesterday. Those of you who have been on the lists for
                > awhile know that Larry has been one of the top contributors,
                > giving much his time to help others out. Unselfishly, Larry gave
                > to the lists regularly (besides a period of time for a long
                > hospital stay) from their start, over 6-7 (?) years now. He was
                > certainly a giver and did very little taking! Larry's messages
                > were always friendly and helpful! He was a friend to me and those
                > of us who knew him will miss him greatly!
                >
                > Sadly, yet for a short time,
                > Jody Adair
                > (1 Th. 4:13-18 :)

                Ohhhhhhh..I'm so sorry to hear this..

                I have no idea who his family and immediate friends are, but I send
                them all my condolences.

                Thanks for posting this Jody.

                John
              • Jeff Scism
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 15, 2004
                  This is really sad news, mycondolences to his family and friends, which
                  he has many here.

                  --
                  ~~

                  Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

                  Genealogy is the art of convincing public officials that you need to
                  have a document to determine IF you are a descendant, and if you had
                  Proof of descendancy, you wouldn't NEED the document.
                • RS
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 16, 2004
                    Hello Jody, All,

                    Larry has always been a continuous presence on these lists throughout the years, sharing tips and helping others. He will be missed.

                    Please extend my condolences to his family.

                    Best regards,

                    RS
                  • Roy Herring
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 16, 2004
                      I just want to add that I will really miss Larry. He was so helpful in
                      starting me off in Notetab, which is the most productive tool I have, after
                      email and browsing.
                      He always gave me detailed answers and correct answers.
                      I will miss him.

                      Roy