Re: [NTB] Re: Paste board doesnt work - sometimes

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 9, 2004
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Alec Burgess" <burale@a...> wrote:

      > > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "dwc77" <dwc@f...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Recently the paste board function stopped working for me, i use
      > > it a lot when online to capture text snippets etc.
      >
      > > Have you tried either closing and reopening Notetab and/or turning
      > > off pasteboard function then turning it back on?
      > >
      > > Regards ... Alec

      > I just now tried closing and opening notetab and that fixed it,
      > at least temporarily. I really hate doing that though because
      > it repositions the icon down in my taskbar.

      dwc, Alec,

      I've had this trouble, pasteboard stops working. Like everyone else, I
      don't know what causes it, but I have discovered a work-around.
      Disabling and re-enabling the PasteBoard alone doesn't fix the problem.

      I wrote several small clips to control different aspects of the
      PasteBoard, toggle on/toggle off, switch to other file and close/reopen.

      The close/reopen, of the PasteBoard, generally shocks the system enough
      to start the PasteBoard working again. I keep access to these clips in
      the toolbar I use 99% of the time.

      If you're interested I'll add, to this message and post it to the clips
      list, 2 clips that deal with close/reopen of the PasteBoard.

      hrs