Update on the pasteboard clipboard chain problem

  • dwc77
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2004
      Sorry to not have responded to the previous thread but am in a third
      world country at the moment and online access is sporadic.
      For those who are interested i have noticed that restarting notetab
      always solves the problem, but simply toggling the pasteboard
      feature itself never does. I have found that this problem, as Alec
      noted, a clipboard chain problem, and any program that depends on
      clipboard info is dependent to an extent on other programs that use
      the clipboard to function properly. When one in the chain screws up
      or is closed or whatever, some of the other apps stop recieving the
      data and dont work. I suspect that restarting notetab works because
      it resets itself to the top of the chain, but what i find confusing
      is that even when the pasteboard stops working the copy and paste
      functions in the rest of notetab still work, which seems odd. Anyway
      as of yet i have found no other remedy other than a notetab restart
      to solve this, not a big deal really.
      On a related (and somewhat off topic) note to Hugo; I had previously
      tried "taskbar commander" to arrange the taskbar icons, its from
      mike linn the same guy that wrote clipomatic. But it doesnt play
      well with notetab, when i run it a second dummy notetab icon appears
      in the taskbar, and trying to close either it or the other icon
      closes notetab. Oh well.............