Re: [NTB] Digest Number 1300

  • Bill Harriff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2004
      By default Windows 2000 Search will display all local drives if you do
      the search from the Start Menu; however, if you do a search by
      right-clking a drive (local, mapped network or mapped local) it will
      search just that drive. It will also search upmapped shares if you
      navigate to them first with Win Explorer/Network Places/etc (eg,
      \\Remote_Computer\shared files). Also, if you're doing it from the Start
      Menu you can pull down the list box & see all other drives available to
      your system.

      If you're talking about searching from NTP (Search > Search Disk) it
      shows all mapped drives when I click the [Browse] button on the "Search
      Text" child window that opens. UNC searches (unmapped network shares)
      don't show up correctly, however; all I see from my NTP are the
      administrative shares (eg, \\remote_system\F$) which are not accessible
      shares. If there's a bug here in NTP, the only one I see is an
      incomplete listing of UNC shares.

      Bill Harriff