Crash on Browser Preview

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2004
      Hi all,

      I downloaded NPPro last night for use on a WinXP machine. When I try
      to preview in browser the program stops. I see Archie had this same
      problem last month - and while it's nice to see there's a couple of
      work arounds, this does seem to be a flaw in the system. Anyone come
      up with a better answer yet?

      Tx,
      Chris
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2004
        Hi Chris,

        Try configuring the browser in View | Options | Internet | Main Browser.
        Try reinstalling the browser. Try other browser. My guess is it is IE
        you are trying to launch.
        Try reinstalling NoteTab Pro with virus protector turned off.
        Try updating your video drivers and reinstall even if the same.
        Try turning down your hardware acceleration: right click over Desktop,
        choose Properties | Settings | Advanced | Troubleshoot. It may be a tad
        bit different to get there on your machine.

        For more help please sign up for the NoteTab Off Topic list.

        either of the links below. Please read the following if you
        decide to sign up!

        If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do *not*
        post questions about NoteTab Clips and other scripting languages
        (such as RegExp, Perl, CGI, etc.) on the NoteTab Basic list.

        are for discussion of those programs.

        are a lot more flexible, for instance, Clips can be and are
        welcomed on the HTML list. Thanks!!!

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home ;) Thanks!

        >I downloaded NPPro last night for use on a WinXP machine. When I
        >try to preview in browser the program stops. I see Archie had
        >this same problem last month - and while it's nice to see there's
        >a couple of work arounds, this does seem to be a flaw in the
        >system. Anyone come up with a better answer yet?

        Happy Tab'n,

      • AyntRyte@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 22, 2004

          > Try configuring the browser in View | Options | Internet | Main
          Browser.

          > >I downloaded NPPro last night for use on a WinXP machine. When I
          > >try to preview in browser the program stops. I see Archie had
          > >this same problem last month - and while it's nice to see there's
          > >a couple of work arounds, this does seem to be a flaw in the
          > >system. Anyone come up with a better answer yet?

          I noticed this problem somewhere around the same time I installed NIS
          2003, but I won't pinpoint the problem as that. I changed my main
          browser from IE6 to Mozilla. With Mozilla selected, the preview
          function brought up a new Mozilla browser tab with some unrelated
          website loading after closing the tab (which didn't load anything.) I
          then changed the main browser to Firefox. So far, no problems. Haven't
          tried Opera yet.