Recover deleted outline heading?

  • frenzology
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2004
      Hi,
      I'm wondering if there is any good way to recover a mistakenly
      deleted outline heading? My best guess is, you have to use file
      recovery software to somehow get the old file from your hard drive.
      Any ideas? Thanks, Pete
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2004
        Hi Pete,

        I doubt you will be able to recover the heading unless you a
        backup made. Deleting a heading is like deleting text in a file.
        An outline is a single file in itself. It is *not* made up of
        individual files for each heading.

        > I'm wondering if there is any good way to recover a mistakenly
        > deleted outline heading? My best guess is, you have to use file
        > recovery software to somehow get the old file from your hard
        > drive. Any ideas? Thanks, Pete

        Happy Tab'n,

      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 15, 2004
          At 04:58 PM 6/15/04 -0000, you wrote:
          >Hi,
          > I'm wondering if there is any good way to recover a mistakenly
          >deleted outline heading? My best guess is, you have to use file
          >recovery software to somehow get the old file from your hard drive.
          >Any ideas? Thanks, Pete

          For purposes of future reference. If you have saved the file with the
          heading and then deleted the heading, you can recover it by reloading the
          file. Go to the menu bar and select Edit/Reload and then answer "yes" to
          the dialog box that appears.

          If you have not saved the file before deleting the heading, it is lost as
          far as I know. You could look for the efo temporary file and see if it is
          in there but I suspect that it would not be.

          Regards,

          Larry
          lrt@... e¿ê