What Use Do You Make of Templates?

  • R Shapp
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2004
      Hi Larry (and others),

      Thanks for suggesting the use of template files in NoteTab.

      I'd like to hear about the kinds of things folks are using templates for.

      I've read the help section, and -think- I can follow the directions for
      creating/using templates. Templates is an area of NTP I haven't used yet, and
      I suspect it's like the outline feature. Once I got started using outlines
      several years back, I have created dozens of them. Templates looks like it
      could have wide application too.

      If this goes beyond "basic", please indicate where you would like to continue
      this discussion. I subscribe to most of the NT Groups.

      Thanks again,

      Ray Shapp
      WinXP Home, NTPro 4.95
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2004
        Hi Ray,

        > I'd like to hear about the kinds of things folks are using templates for.

        I know I should make far more use of them than I do, but I only have one...
        for a web site to which I regularly add pages.

        Using a template saves all that hassle of cutting/pasting from an existing
        page or making a copy of one then replacing the original content. It also
        helps to remind me to adjust page titles, descriptions etc which I always
        used to manage to fail to update!

        Greg Chapman
        WinXP Home, NTPro 4.95