Re: [NTB] Problem with network drives?

  • David Smart
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 12, 2004

      (I'd already sent my reply to Jody before your message arrived. Thank you for your follow-up.)

      The problem I'm having is that it used to work fine.

      NoteTab 4.90 was happily editing files using either UNC naming or mapped drives until about a week ago.

      Then I brought Windows 2K Pro up to date by applying all the latest patches from Microsoft. Now I'm getting this behaviour from NoteTab 4.90 and 4.95 when editing using UNC naming. I don't get an error from Notepad or Arachnophilia which are the other text editors I routinely use on server shares.

      It looks like a minor incompatibility between NoteTab and Windows 2000 which has been brought to light by the patch installation. (Note that I certainly don't want to back the patches out, as the only problem I've had is this one.)

      At Jody's suggestion, I'm going to re-post my message on the Scripts list.

      Dave S