"mini" Note Tab?

  • LaurieK
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30 12:03 PM
      I was made aware of an older version of NTB called "mini" NoteTab that will
      run on Windows 3.0???

      Yes you read right... I'm wondering where this can be obtained from, I did
      not see it on the NoteTab site.

      Here's what the deal is.... I have an old discontinued (TEARS OF SORROW) HP
      200LX Palmtop ... you can still find them on Ebay if you want to look and
      see what it looks like... its a DOS 5.0 based handheld pc that has its own
      graphical interface on it but I have, for years, been looking for Windows
      3.0 to load on a CF card on the unit to attempt to run Windows. Windows
      3.1 will not run in "Real Mode" and due to the fact that this is the
      equivalent of a 286 with only 2mb of RAM, Win3.1 would not run.....

      On Ebay, I found Win3.0 original disks 5.25" disk.... (NOTE: After having
      a drive like that sitting around for YEARS not being used, I tossed that
      drive 2 weeks prior to finding Windows.... MURPHY that genious). I got
      Windows 3.0, the full manual and a Logitech mouse for like 5.00 plus
      shipping.. WOO HOO.... then I had to find a drive, that was a circus... will
      spare you all the long sorted weeks of folks offering but coming up short
      cuz their drives were no good after being packed away forever.. I found a
      store here in Dallas that had a drive, so for $5 I was able to offload the
      files from the 5.25 floppies and I now have Windows 3.0 running on my
      palmtop.

      I want NoteTab... and I was told there is an older mini version that should
      work on Windows 3.0....is there any chance of getting a copy of this for old
      time sake.... :) TO further the geeky search here...

      I've not tried NTB light but don't know that it would work. BTW.. I am
      running on CGA mode for the video, it must be CGA or Monochrome compatible.

      Thanks...in advance...
      Laurie

      PS> Yes I am still here, just been lurking for months..... almost was
      killed in a car accident on New Year's Eve but no major broken anything...
      if I'd been in another car...other than the good 'ol' car I was in.... it
      would not have withheld the impact into my driver door and I would have been
      instantly a goner... so I thank God for my every day and for watching over
      me..... This is not intended on being a religious comment or to insight
      religious discussion... just a fact. I'm okie dokie and I want Note Tab
      for Win3.0 <Grin> pretty please :)

      hehe
    • loro
      Message 2 of 6 , May 30 12:16 PM
        LaurieK wrote:
        >I was made aware of an older version of NTB called "mini" NoteTab that will
        >run on Windows 3.0???
        >
        >Yes you read right... I'm wondering where this can be obtained from, I did
        >not see it on the NoteTab site.

        http://www.fookes.com/software/mininote.htm

        Better tell you I used Google so you don't think you're going blind! There used to be a link to it but I can't find it either now. Mini Notetab is great. I used it all the time on my old machine that was *very* low on memory.

        Lotta
      • Julie G
        Message 3 of 6 , May 30 12:22 PM
          Hi stranger!

          >I was made aware of an older version of NTB called "mini" NoteTab that will
          >run on Windows 3.0???

          try here...
          http://www.fookes.com/software/mininote.htm

          Julie
        • LaurieK
          Message 4 of 6 , May 31 7:03 PM
            From: "loro" <loro-spam01-@...>

            > http://www.fookes.com/software/mininote.htm
            >
            > Better tell you I used Google so you don't think you're going blind! There
            used to be a link to it but I can't find it either now. Mini Notetab is
            great. I used it all the time on my old machine that was *very* low on
            memory.

            > Lotta

            ===================
            LOL.... Thank Lotta..... its good to know I'm just going addle and not blind
            too hehehehe Thanks for the boost in my own morale hehehe

            I got it, thanks much... getting the 16 bit version right now...

            Laurie
          • LaurieK
            Message 5 of 6 , May 31 7:04 PM
              From: "Julie G"

              > try here...
              > http://www.fookes.com/software/mininote.htm
              >
              > Julie

              Thanks to you too Julie.... appreciate the assist.... Google, who'da thunk
              it heheheh I feel like a dunce but at least I'm not blind :)
              hehehe

              Laurie
            • LaurieK
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
                Thought I'd let everyone know.... If you were thinking of trying this (well
                you wouldn't cuz you don't have the equipment I do and well I'd go on but
                pfft) hehe MiniNotes did not help, it won't allow itself to be run in "Real
                Mode" it will run in Standard and Enhanced only so it did not work :(

                But thanks for the link...

                Laurie