minimize notetab window when viewing another program

  • patriciat.geo
    Message 1 of 7 , May 21, 2004
      Is there a switch to have Notetab window minimize when switching to
      view a window in another program such as IE or a database. I used to
      be able to do so. Using XP Home.

      TIA
      Message 2 of 7 , May 21, 2004
        Hi patriciat.geo,

        I don't really understand what you are asking, but if you mean a
        keyboard shortcut to minimize NoteTab try: Alt+Spacebar n
        You can use the Windows Alt+Tab to switch to another program.

        >Is there a switch to have Notetab window minimize when switching
        >to view a window in another program such as IE or a database. I
        >used to be able to do so. Using XP Home.

        Happy Tab'n,

      • Patricia Tidmarsh
        Message 3 of 7 , May 21, 2004
          Duh! Thanks for your prompt reply.

          Actually -- I guess I dont mean minimize. When I am reading data from an
          IE or database window and also have a Notetab window open to write in, the
          active window would be in front and the inactive window behind it. I
          would click on the inactive window to bring it to the front. (Switching
          between the two) Now, for the past week, the Notetab window stays in
          front and I have to minimize it to see the other window, then maximize
          Notetab to write in the window. I think it just started doing this.

          Thanks

          Patricia

          On Fri, 21 May 2004, Jody wrote:

          > Hi patriciat.geo,
          >
          > I don't really understand what you are asking, but if you mean a
          > keyboard shortcut to minimize NoteTab try: Alt+Spacebar n
          > You can use the Windows Alt+Tab to switch to another program.
          >
          > >Is there a switch to have Notetab window minimize when switching
          > >to view a window in another program such as IE or a database. I
          > >used to be able to do so. Using XP Home.
          >

          > Happy Tab'n,
          > Jody Adair
          >
          > NoteTabbers Assistant Page Sojourners Software
          > http://www.notetab.net http://www.sojourner.us/software
          > http://www.fookes.us http://www.clean-funnies.com

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Don Daugherty
          Message 4 of 7 , May 21, 2004
            > Actually -- I guess I dont mean minimize. When I am reading data from an
            > IE or database window and also have a Notetab window open to write in, the
            > active window would be in front and the inactive window behind it. I
            > would click on the inactive window to bring it to the front. (Switching
            > between the two) Now, for the past week, the Notetab window stays in
            > front and I have to minimize it to see the other window, then maximize
            > Notetab to write in the window. I think it just started doing this.

            Try right-clicking on the title bar in NoteTab and look at "Stay on top". I
            think you'll find it has a check-mark. Click it to toggle the check-mark
            off. Hope this solves your problem.
          • Patricia Tidmarsh
            Message 5 of 7 , May 21, 2004
              Don --

              Thanks!! Fixed!! Easily found in the VIEW menu when I know what to look
              for.

              Appreciate your help.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 21, 2004
                Hi Patricia,

                You can also get to Stay on Top from #2:

                1. Resize and adjust the program window where you want it.
                2. Click on the program icon located on Titlebar (upper left).
                3. Uncheck "Open Centered" if checked.
                4. Click on the program icon again.
                5. Click on "Save Window State" (which does not get a check mark).
                6. Restart NoteTab at this time.
                Tip: You can right click on the Titlebar for the same menu as above
                or press the Alt key and then the spacebar while holding Alt down
                (Alt+Spacebar). Simply pressing Alt alone will collapse the menu
                once opened or clicking in a "non-clickable" area of your screen.

                >Duh! Thanks for your prompt reply.
                >
                >Actually -- I guess I dont mean minimize. When I am reading data from an
                >IE or database window and also have a Notetab window open to write in, the
                >active window would be in front and the inactive window behind it. I
                >would click on the inactive window to bring it to the front. (Switching
                >between the two) Now, for the past week, the Notetab window stays in
                >front and I have to minimize it to see the other window, then maximize
                >Notetab to write in the window. I think it just started doing this.
                >
                >Thanks
                >
                >Patricia
                >

                >On Fri, 21 May 2004, Jody wrote:
                >
                >> Hi patriciat.geo,
                >>
                >> I don't really understand what you are asking, but if you mean a
                >> keyboard shortcut to minimize NoteTab try: Alt+Spacebar n
                >> You can use the Windows Alt+Tab to switch to another program.
                >>
                >> >Is there a switch to have Notetab window minimize when switching
                >> >to view a window in another program such as IE or a database. I
                >> >used to be able to do so. Using XP Home.
                >>

                >> Happy Tab'n,
                >> Jody Adair
                >>
                >> NoteTabbers Assistant Page Sojourners Software
                >> http://www.notetab.net http://www.sojourner.us/software
                >> http://www.fookes.us http://www.clean-funnies.com
                >>

                >> To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:
                >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

                Happy Tab'n,

              • Patricia Tidmarsh
                Message 7 of 7 , May 22, 2004
                  Thanks again, one of the pleasures of using a computer is learning
                  something new every day.