Re: [NTB] how do I get more characters to display on the screen

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2004
      At 02:06 PM 5/20/04 -0700, you wrote:
      >Thank you for your help. Your suggestions worked.
      >Another problem I am having with the same file, is
      >that it displays with a blank line between lines and
      >prints the same way. I see there are options under the
      >modify menu to compress and to single space, however
      >these options do not seem to be available to me. What
      >do I need to do?

      Hi Dennis,

      When it displays a blank line between lines, it means that you have a hard
      return at the end of each line which is a <cr/lf> pair of characters (A
      carriage return followed by a line feed character). I do not understand
      your last comment about the options under the modify menu not being
      available to you. What do you mean by that? I have all three versions of
      NoteTab including the freeware version, NoteTab Light, and it works in this
      version also.

      I have a suggestion. Go to the menu bar and select Edit/Copy All and then
      select Edit/Paste New and that will create a new document which is an exact
      duplicate of the currently open document which you can experiment on
      without risking losing the original. It will also allow you to compare any
      changes you make to the original. When you are finished, you can make the
      same changes to the original and save it if you wish.

      Now go to the menu bar and select Modify/Lines/Compress. If you have
      nothing selected, it will select the whole document and remove single blank
      lines (Lines that are formed by a single hard break). If there are
      multiple blank lines together, you will have to do this two or more times
      to get rid of all of them. If you have selected some text before you
      compress your lines, then the function will only be applied to the selected
      text.

      All that Modify/Spaces/Single Space does is to replace any occurrence of
      two or more spaces with a single space. Again, if you select text, the
      change will only be made to the selected text. Otherwise all of the text
      in the document will be selected and changed.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê