Re: [NTB] "Icon in System Tray" goes away

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3 1:58 PM
      > Sometime before I upgraded to Notetab Free 4.95, I noticed that at
      > random intervals, the Notetab icon would disappear from the system
      > tray. If I reopen NoteTab and go to View/Options, the "Icon in
      > System Tray" box is still checked. If I uncheck it and click OK,
      > and then reopen Options and click the system tray option again and
      > click OK, it then reemerges in the system tray. For a while.
      >
      > I have a 2GHz Athlon, 512MB, XPPro with sp1 and all the latest
      > Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

      Maybe it gets moved into the "hidden" group after a while. If so, clicking
      the little < icon at the left of the tray should reveal it.
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3 6:37 PM
        Dan:

        If the problem isn't Brian's suggestion (hide less frequently used tray
        icons in XP) its probably worth noting that this problem has been reported
        more than once in versions prior to and (I believe including) 4.95 in both
        Free and Pro versions on Win9x and WinNT+ (ie 2K and XP both).

        AFAIK the only solution is the one you've already been using: resetting the
        options in Notetab Options.

        Regards ... Alec

        > XP will hide icons when they are 'inactive' by their (Microsoft's)
        > standards...
        >
        > [1] Right-click the taskbar and choose Properties.
        > [2] In the Task bar and Start Menu properties, 'Hide Inactive Icons'
        > is probably checked.
        > [3] Go to 'Customize' and find the NoteTab icon.
        > [4] Change the 'Hide when Inactive' to 'Always Show' and see if that
        > helps.
        >
        > Brian

      • HixJimson
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3 10:53 PM
          Hi,

          I appreciate your efforts, Brian and Alec. I have few task bar
          icons, so I don't hide them at all. I wish it was that easy a fix.

          If this is a reported bug, I guess I'll have to live with it. This
          problem is the only thing that has proved to be a problem with an
          otherwise stellar product.

          Thanks again, guys.

          Jim

        • naloloa
          Message 4 of 6 , May 27 9:55 AM
            Don't ask me how it works, but if you inactivate pnp, the icons
            don't disappear from the task bar. See
            http://grc.com/UnPnP/UnPnP.htm for a free little program to do that.