Re: [NTB] How can I execute a clip command

  • pmkadow2
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2004
      We maybe talking apples and oranges here, I don't know,
      this so very confusing and frustrating,

      I took the very first example from the help file on
      clip programming, which is:

      ^!ActivateApp

      I type in that line and double clip on it and nothing
      happens. I highlight it and hit enter and it disappears.

      Isn't this support to start up another version of NoteTab?

      Can someone give me a very basic example of line of code
      and how to activate it??? I have been looking through the
      help for hours and have figured out nothing. A basic
      tutorial would help very much. All the documentation in
      the world does not help if it does not help someone get
      started.

      -Paul Kadow

      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2004
        Hi Paul,

        You need to sign up for the NoteTab Clips list (see below to
        signup) to learn how to write Clips, ask questions about making
        them, etc. This list is not for Clip discussion. I can give you
        some pointers now though that stay within the boundaries of this
        list which is for the very basic use of NoteTab.

        Larry read into what you wanted to do more than me. I answered
        what you asked, but you wanted to know something different than
        what you asked. :) You want to know how to make a Clip. To find
        out what a command or function (parts of a Clip - you posted a
        command) does go to Help | Help on Clipbook programming | Index
        and type in the command or function or scroll to it.

        This link is to detailed help for the Clipbar, but the last four
        topics will help you do what you want. (You need to sign up for
        the Clips list to discuss it. :)

        NoteTab's Clipbar and Clips
        http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm
        How to Make a Clipbook Library
        http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm#A09
        How to Create a Clip
        http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm#A10
        How to Edit a Clip
        http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm#A11
        How to Delete a Clipbar or Library
        http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm#A12

        Clip Tutorial
        The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
        designed to walk you through Clip writing. It includes "Getting
        Started" (which is a web page with a number of images displaying
        different parts of NoteTab that deals with Clipbooks), making a
        Clipbook Library, adding Clips, and editing Clips, on to more
        difficult Clip writing. Be sure to read the Introduction also.
        Open ClipTut.clb and then click on the ClipTut.otl Outline Clip
        to open the Outline.

        All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
        folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

        You can also sign up for the NoteTab Clips List to get answers to
        Clip questions, but please do not post there concerning the
        tutorial. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

        Subscribe, unSubscribe, Options

        You may sign up for the different discussion lists from either of
        the links below. Please read the following if you decide to sign
        up!

        If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do *not*
        post questions about Clips and other scripting languages (such as
        RegExp, Perl, VB, etc.) on the Basic list. More difficult tasks
        should be posted on the Clips or Scripts lists. HTML should be
        posted on the HTML list and Off Topic discussion takes place on
        that list. Easy Thumbnails, Easy Imager, and Album Express list
        are for discussion of those programs. The most important thing to
        remember is please leave the Basic list for the *very basic* use
        of NoteTab. The other lists are a lot more flexible for instance
        Clips can be/and are welcomed on the HTML list. Thanks!!!

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page (Useful Libraries and Clips for
        NoteTab, an excellent text and HTML editor): http://www.notetab.net

        >We maybe talking apples and oranges here, I don't know,
        >this so very confusing and frustrating,
        >
        >I took the very first example from the help file on
        >clip programming, which is:
        >
        >^!ActivateApp
        >
        >I type in that line and double clip on it and nothing
        >happens. I highlight it and hit enter and it disappears.
        >
        >Isn't this support to start up another version of NoteTab?
        >
        >Can someone give me a very basic example of line of code
        >and how to activate it??? I have been looking through the
        >help for hours and have figured out nothing. A basic
        >tutorial would help very much. All the documentation in
        >the world does not help if it does not help someone get
        >started.
        >
        >-Paul Kadow

        Happy Clip'n!