Re: [NTB] How can I execute a clip command

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004
      Hi Paul,

      >How do I execute a clip command?
      >
      >This may sound basic but I don't know and cannot seem
      >to find out.

      Double click in the Clip.
      or
      Highlight the Clip and press Enter.
      (or the Clipbar)
      ---
      Once executed, it can be executed again with the Ctrl+Spacebar keys.
      In View | Options | Clipbook | you can check the box to "Single
      click to Execute" so you do not have to double click. (Note: you
      need to have it unchecked to drag/drop Clips to rearrange then or
      to the Clipbar.)

      Happy Clip'n!

    • pmkadow2
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2004
        We maybe talking apples and oranges here, I don't know,
        this so very confusing and frustrating,

        I took the very first example from the help file on
        clip programming, which is:

        ^!ActivateApp

        I type in that line and double clip on it and nothing
        happens. I highlight it and hit enter and it disappears.

        Isn't this support to start up another version of NoteTab?

        Can someone give me a very basic example of line of code
        and how to activate it??? I have been looking through the
        help for hours and have figured out nothing. A basic
        tutorial would help very much. All the documentation in
        the world does not help if it does not help someone get
        started.

        -Paul Kadow

        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2004
          Hi Paul,

          You need to sign up for the NoteTab Clips list (see below to
          signup) to learn how to write Clips, ask questions about making
          them, etc. This list is not for Clip discussion. I can give you
          some pointers now though that stay within the boundaries of this
          list which is for the very basic use of NoteTab.

          Larry read into what you wanted to do more than me. I answered
          what you asked, but you wanted to know something different than
          what you asked. :) You want to know how to make a Clip. To find
          out what a command or function (parts of a Clip - you posted a
          command) does go to Help | Help on Clipbook programming | Index
          and type in the command or function or scroll to it.

          This link is to detailed help for the Clipbar, but the last four
          topics will help you do what you want. (You need to sign up for
          the Clips list to discuss it. :)

          NoteTab's Clipbar and Clips
          http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm
          How to Make a Clipbook Library
          http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm#A09
          How to Create a Clip
          http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm#A10
          How to Edit a Clip
          http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm#A11
          How to Delete a Clipbar or Library
          http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm#A12

          Clip Tutorial
          The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
          designed to walk you through Clip writing. It includes "Getting
          Started" (which is a web page with a number of images displaying
          different parts of NoteTab that deals with Clipbooks), making a
          Clipbook Library, adding Clips, and editing Clips, on to more
          difficult Clip writing. Be sure to read the Introduction also.
          Open ClipTut.clb and then click on the ClipTut.otl Outline Clip
          to open the Outline.

          All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
          folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

          You can also sign up for the NoteTab Clips List to get answers to
          Clip questions, but please do not post there concerning the
          tutorial. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

          Subscribe, unSubscribe, Options

          You may sign up for the different discussion lists from either of
          the links below. Please read the following if you decide to sign
          up!

          If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do *not*
          post questions about Clips and other scripting languages (such as
          RegExp, Perl, VB, etc.) on the Basic list. More difficult tasks
          should be posted on the Clips or Scripts lists. HTML should be
          posted on the HTML list and Off Topic discussion takes place on
          that list. Easy Thumbnails, Easy Imager, and Album Express list
          are for discussion of those programs. The most important thing to
          remember is please leave the Basic list for the *very basic* use
          of NoteTab. The other lists are a lot more flexible for instance
          Clips can be/and are welcomed on the HTML list. Thanks!!!

          http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

          The NoteTabbers Assistant Page (Useful Libraries and Clips for
          NoteTab, an excellent text and HTML editor): http://www.notetab.net

          >We maybe talking apples and oranges here, I don't know,
          >this so very confusing and frustrating,
          >
          >I took the very first example from the help file on
          >clip programming, which is:
          >
          >^!ActivateApp
          >
          >I type in that line and double clip on it and nothing
          >happens. I highlight it and hit enter and it disappears.
          >
          >Isn't this support to start up another version of NoteTab?
          >
          >Can someone give me a very basic example of line of code
          >and how to activate it??? I have been looking through the
          >help for hours and have figured out nothing. A basic
          >tutorial would help very much. All the documentation in
          >the world does not help if it does not help someone get
          >started.
          >
          >-Paul Kadow

          Happy Clip'n!