How can I execute a clip command

  • pmkadow2
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30 11:08 AM
      How do I execute a clip command?

      This may sound basic but I don't know and cannot seem
      to find out.

      -Paul Kadow
      pmkadow@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30 1:47 PM
        Hi Paul,

        >How do I execute a clip command?
        >
        >This may sound basic but I don't know and cannot seem
        >to find out.

        Double click in the Clip.
        or
        Highlight the Clip and press Enter.
        (or the Clipbar)
        ---
        Once executed, it can be executed again with the Ctrl+Spacebar keys.
        In View | Options | Clipbook | you can check the box to "Single
        click to Execute" so you do not have to double click. (Note: you
        need to have it unchecked to drag/drop Clips to rearrange then or
        to the Clipbar.)

        Happy Clip'n!

      • pmkadow2
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2004
          We maybe talking apples and oranges here, I don't know,
          this so very confusing and frustrating,

          I took the very first example from the help file on
          clip programming, which is:

          ^!ActivateApp

          I type in that line and double clip on it and nothing
          happens. I highlight it and hit enter and it disappears.

          Isn't this support to start up another version of NoteTab?

          Can someone give me a very basic example of line of code
          and how to activate it??? I have been looking through the
          help for hours and have figured out nothing. A basic
          tutorial would help very much. All the documentation in
          the world does not help if it does not help someone get
          started.

          -Paul Kadow

          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2004
            Hi Paul,

            You need to sign up for the NoteTab Clips list (see below to
            signup) to learn how to write Clips, ask questions about making
            them, etc. This list is not for Clip discussion. I can give you
            some pointers now though that stay within the boundaries of this
            list which is for the very basic use of NoteTab.

            Larry read into what you wanted to do more than me. I answered
            what you asked, but you wanted to know something different than
            what you asked. :) You want to know how to make a Clip. To find
            out what a command or function (parts of a Clip - you posted a
            command) does go to Help | Help on Clipbook programming | Index
            and type in the command or function or scroll to it.

            This link is to detailed help for the Clipbar, but the last four
            topics will help you do what you want. (You need to sign up for
            the Clips list to discuss it. :)

            NoteTab's Clipbar and Clips
            http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm
            How to Make a Clipbook Library
            http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm#A09
            How to Create a Clip
            http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm#A10
            How to Edit a Clip
            http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm#A11
            How to Delete a Clipbar or Library
            http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm#A12

            Clip Tutorial
            The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
            designed to walk you through Clip writing. It includes "Getting
            Started" (which is a web page with a number of images displaying
            different parts of NoteTab that deals with Clipbooks), making a
            Clipbook Library, adding Clips, and editing Clips, on to more
            difficult Clip writing. Be sure to read the Introduction also.
            Open ClipTut.clb and then click on the ClipTut.otl Outline Clip
            to open the Outline.

            All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
            folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

            You can also sign up for the NoteTab Clips List to get answers to
            Clip questions, but please do not post there concerning the
            tutorial. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

            Subscribe, unSubscribe, Options

            You may sign up for the different discussion lists from either of
            the links below. Please read the following if you decide to sign
            up!

            If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do *not*
            post questions about Clips and other scripting languages (such as
            RegExp, Perl, VB, etc.) on the Basic list. More difficult tasks
            should be posted on the Clips or Scripts lists. HTML should be
            posted on the HTML list and Off Topic discussion takes place on
            that list. Easy Thumbnails, Easy Imager, and Album Express list
            are for discussion of those programs. The most important thing to
            remember is please leave the Basic list for the *very basic* use
            of NoteTab. The other lists are a lot more flexible for instance
            Clips can be/and are welcomed on the HTML list. Thanks!!!

            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

            The NoteTabbers Assistant Page (Useful Libraries and Clips for
            NoteTab, an excellent text and HTML editor): http://www.notetab.net

            >We maybe talking apples and oranges here, I don't know,
            >this so very confusing and frustrating,
            >
            >I took the very first example from the help file on
            >clip programming, which is:
            >
            >^!ActivateApp
            >
            >I type in that line and double clip on it and nothing
            >happens. I highlight it and hit enter and it disappears.
            >
            >Isn't this support to start up another version of NoteTab?
            >
            >Can someone give me a very basic example of line of code
            >and how to activate it??? I have been looking through the
            >help for hours and have figured out nothing. A basic
            >tutorial would help very much. All the documentation in
            >the world does not help if it does not help someone get
            >started.
            >
            >-Paul Kadow

            Happy Clip'n!