Re: [NTB] Counting lines

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 12, 2004
      Hi Tony,

      At 09:11 AM 4/12/04 -0000, you wrote:
      >Is there any way to count the number of lines in documents within a
      >directory structure or all document with a certain file extension
      >within a directory structure?
      >
      >I need to count all lines of code for many PHP files.
      >
      >TIA

      You could try the Search Disk feature in NoteTab Pro. Search a directory
      for all occurrences of the hard break character (^p) and replace all
      occurrences with the same character (^p) and you will get a message telling
      how many replacements there were which is how many lines there are in the
      selected files.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 12, 2004
        Hi Tony,

        Oops. You can use the Search Disk feature by going to the menu bar and
        selecting Search/Search Disk. You should also know that this feature is
        also available in the other versions of NoteTab as well. It was my mistake
        assuming that you could only do this in the Pro version.

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê
      • tony_fulford2000
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 12, 2004
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Larry Thomas <larryt@c...> wrote:

          > Hi Tony,
          >
          > Oops. You can use the Search Disk feature by going to the menu bar
          and
          > selecting Search/Search Disk. You should also know that this
          feature is
          > also available in the other versions of NoteTab as well. It was my
          mistake
          > assuming that you could only do this in the Pro version.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Larry
          > lrt@n... e¿ê

          --Larry