Re: [NTB] FireFox

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
      Dennis wrote:

      > On Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 17:22, Lee Underwood wrote:
      >

      >>I am having the same problem, except it opens Google to search for my
      >>HTML directory. I have the following in Browsers.dat (in addition to
      >>IE):

      a while back we came up with a clip that opened the current notetab doc
      in firefox ... seach the archives for a copy in clips
    • jelkscabaniss@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
        "Don - htmlfixit.com" wrote:
        > a while back we came up with a clip that opened the current
        > notetab doc in firefox ... seach the archives for a copy in
        > clips

        Well, I found the clip, but I found something even better.

        From Jody, last November (regarding Fire*bird*, but same beast more
        or less, different name):

        I use Avantbrowser (an IE shell) as my default browser, and thus
        when I pressed CTRL+T in NTP, the current doc would open in it. The
        two alternates (toolbar icons, or F8 and Shift+F8) were set up in
        Browsers.dat as Firebird and Opera. Well after reading Jody's
        message (above URL), I put the command line for Firefox ...

        "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ^**

        into the "Custom Launch" box in View | Options | Tools, and changed
        the "Main Browser" (View | Options | Internet) to be Avant (which is
        described in Browsers.dat).

        So I can now bring up the document in Firefox via CTRL+T, or press
        F8 to bring it up in Avant, or Shift+F8 to bring it up in Opera.

        I'm happy!

        And I'll shut up now, since I see Jody is telling us to "move it"
        and I'd like to stay in his good graces -- at least for the time
        being -- especially now that he helped solved my problem almost four
        months before I asked! :)

        /Jelks
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
          Hi Jelks and Others,

          Actually, this would have been better on the Clips or even more
          so on the HTML List. (Once we leave the realm of MS Internet
          Explorer; we went advanced, beyond basic <big grin>.)

          I really didn't read all the thread that close. I didn't know you
          just wanted to get the page open. Yes, Custom Launch should have
          done it and a Clip basically using the commandline that goes in
          Custom Launch. It can see how to be done in the regular Help
          under Clip Basics: Using the Clipbook to launch other programs.
          (If you cannot figure it out from there using the "^**" example,
          please do sign up for the Clips list or download my Clip
          tutorial. It'll be covered in the first or second lesson with
          very little geek speak if any at all. <g>

          The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
          designed to walk you through Clip writing. It includes "Getting
          Started" (which is a web page with a number of images displaying
          different parts of NoteTab that deals with Clipbooks), making a
          Clipbook Library, adding Clips, and editing Clips, on to more
          difficult Clip writing. Be sure to read the Introduction also.
          Open ClipTut.clb and then click on the ClipTut.otl Outline Clip
          to open the Outline.

          All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
          folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

          You can also sign up for the NoteTab Clips List to get answers to
          Clip questions, but please do not post there concerning the
          tutorial. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

          Subscribe, unSubscribe, Options

          > "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ^**
          >
          >into the "Custom Launch" box in View | Options | Tools, and changed
          >the "Main Browser" (View | Options | Internet) to be Avant (which is
          >described in Browsers.dat).
          >
          >So I can now bring up the document in Firefox via CTRL+T, or press
          >F8 to bring it up in Avant, or Shift+F8 to bring it up in Opera.
          >
          >I'm happy!
          >
          >And I'll shut up now, since I see Jody is telling us to "move it"
          >and I'd like to stay in his good graces -- at least for the time
          >being -- especially now that he helped solved my problem almost four
          >months before I asked! :)

          Happy Clip'n!

        • Don - htmlfixit.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
            jelkscabaniss@... wrote:
            > "Don - htmlfixit.com" wrote:
            >
            >>a while back we came up with a clip that opened the current
            >>notetab doc in firefox ... seach the archives for a copy in
            >>clips
            >

            > Well, I found the clip, but I found something even better.
            >
            >>From Jody, last November (regarding Fire*bird*, but same beast more
            > or less, different name):

            > I use Avantbrowser (an IE shell) as my default browser, and thus
            > when I pressed CTRL+T in NTP, the current doc would open in it. The
            > two alternates (toolbar icons, or F8 and Shift+F8) were set up in
            > Browsers.dat as Firebird and Opera. Well after reading Jody's
            > message (above URL), I put the command line for Firefox ...
            >
            > "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ^**

            Yes we came accross that at the same time. It worked for half the
            people. I was the other half :-)
            between the clip and that however, I think most of us got it going.
          • Alec Burgess
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
              This works for me:

              my browsers.dat entry:
              [Firefox]
              Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

              I'm using Tabbrowser extensions and on its options page - Advanced:
              Enable/Disable DDE support by needs automatically = ON

              FWIW: On the same page I have:
              Open tabs instead of windows for
              New windows opened by Other Applications = ON

              I suspect the Enable/Disable DDE option is the critical one.

              (see extensions:
              http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/alpha.html#tbe )
              Let me know whether it works for you

              Regards ... Alec