Re: [NTB] FireFox

    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hi Lee and Others,

      I don't think you will come to a solution with any of the
      Mozilla, Firebird, NetScape, etc. browsers that is going to work
      on all machines. Some people get lucky, but most not. You've
      pretty much wore it out for the NoteTab Basic list. If you still
      want to try to get it going, please take it over to the Off Topic
      list. Please see my signature line to subscribe to it. TIA!!! Or
      go to the following link for all the lists sign on/off.

      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      >I renamed the Browser.dat file, restarted NoteTab Pro and it
      >still doesn't work. Any other ideas?
      >>
      >> Try removing the browser.dat file altogether. That should
      >> work if you have Firefox set as your default browser.

      Happy Topics,
      Jody

      The NoteTab Off-Topic List
      All Fookes Software mailing lists:
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
        Dennis wrote:

        > On Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 17:22, Lee Underwood wrote:
        >

        >>I am having the same problem, except it opens Google to search for my
        >>HTML directory. I have the following in Browsers.dat (in addition to
        >>IE):

        a while back we came up with a clip that opened the current notetab doc
        in firefox ... seach the archives for a copy in clips
      • jelkscabaniss@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
          "Don - htmlfixit.com" wrote:
          > a while back we came up with a clip that opened the current
          > notetab doc in firefox ... seach the archives for a copy in
          > clips

          Well, I found the clip, but I found something even better.

          From Jody, last November (regarding Fire*bird*, but same beast more
          or less, different name):

          I use Avantbrowser (an IE shell) as my default browser, and thus
          when I pressed CTRL+T in NTP, the current doc would open in it. The
          two alternates (toolbar icons, or F8 and Shift+F8) were set up in
          Browsers.dat as Firebird and Opera. Well after reading Jody's
          message (above URL), I put the command line for Firefox ...

          "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ^**

          into the "Custom Launch" box in View | Options | Tools, and changed
          the "Main Browser" (View | Options | Internet) to be Avant (which is
          described in Browsers.dat).

          So I can now bring up the document in Firefox via CTRL+T, or press
          F8 to bring it up in Avant, or Shift+F8 to bring it up in Opera.

          I'm happy!

          And I'll shut up now, since I see Jody is telling us to "move it"
          and I'd like to stay in his good graces -- at least for the time
          being -- especially now that he helped solved my problem almost four
          months before I asked! :)

          /Jelks
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
            Hi Jelks and Others,

            Actually, this would have been better on the Clips or even more
            so on the HTML List. (Once we leave the realm of MS Internet
            Explorer; we went advanced, beyond basic <big grin>.)

            I really didn't read all the thread that close. I didn't know you
            just wanted to get the page open. Yes, Custom Launch should have
            done it and a Clip basically using the commandline that goes in
            Custom Launch. It can see how to be done in the regular Help
            under Clip Basics: Using the Clipbook to launch other programs.
            (If you cannot figure it out from there using the "^**" example,
            please do sign up for the Clips list or download my Clip
            tutorial. It'll be covered in the first or second lesson with
            very little geek speak if any at all. <g>

            The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
            designed to walk you through Clip writing. It includes "Getting
            Started" (which is a web page with a number of images displaying
            different parts of NoteTab that deals with Clipbooks), making a
            Clipbook Library, adding Clips, and editing Clips, on to more
            difficult Clip writing. Be sure to read the Introduction also.
            Open ClipTut.clb and then click on the ClipTut.otl Outline Clip
            to open the Outline.

            All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
            folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

            You can also sign up for the NoteTab Clips List to get answers to
            Clip questions, but please do not post there concerning the
            tutorial. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

            Subscribe, unSubscribe, Options

            > "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ^**
            >
            >into the "Custom Launch" box in View | Options | Tools, and changed
            >the "Main Browser" (View | Options | Internet) to be Avant (which is
            >described in Browsers.dat).
            >
            >So I can now bring up the document in Firefox via CTRL+T, or press
            >F8 to bring it up in Avant, or Shift+F8 to bring it up in Opera.
            >
            >I'm happy!
            >
            >And I'll shut up now, since I see Jody is telling us to "move it"
            >and I'd like to stay in his good graces -- at least for the time
            >being -- especially now that he helped solved my problem almost four
            >months before I asked! :)

            Happy Clip'n!

          • Don - htmlfixit.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
              jelkscabaniss@... wrote:
              > "Don - htmlfixit.com" wrote:
              >
              >>a while back we came up with a clip that opened the current
              >>notetab doc in firefox ... seach the archives for a copy in
              >>clips
              >

              > Well, I found the clip, but I found something even better.
              >
              >>From Jody, last November (regarding Fire*bird*, but same beast more
              > or less, different name):

              > I use Avantbrowser (an IE shell) as my default browser, and thus
              > when I pressed CTRL+T in NTP, the current doc would open in it. The
              > two alternates (toolbar icons, or F8 and Shift+F8) were set up in
              > Browsers.dat as Firebird and Opera. Well after reading Jody's
              > message (above URL), I put the command line for Firefox ...
              >
              > "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ^**

              Yes we came accross that at the same time. It worked for half the
              people. I was the other half :-)
              between the clip and that however, I think most of us got it going.
            • Alec Burgess
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
                This works for me:

                my browsers.dat entry:
                [Firefox]
                Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

                I'm using Tabbrowser extensions and on its options page - Advanced:
                Enable/Disable DDE support by needs automatically = ON

                FWIW: On the same page I have:
                Open tabs instead of windows for
                New windows opened by Other Applications = ON

                I suspect the Enable/Disable DDE option is the critical one.

                (see extensions:
                http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/alpha.html#tbe )
                Let me know whether it works for you

                Regards ... Alec