Re: [NTB] FireFox

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
      Lee Underwood wrote:

      > I renamed the Browser.dat file, restarted NoteTab Pro and it still
      doesn't
      > work. Any other ideas?
      >
      > Lee

      Lee,

      I looked on Mozilla's FireFox page and couldn't find a command line
      parameter list. Some, not all, of Mozilla's will work.

      The best I can do is with the browsers.dat excerpt below. I doesn't
      show the toolbars or menues, it does however display html or/and text
      very quickly and after all, displaying/testing a webpage is what the
      function is for.

      It, also, opens a window for each page you inspect, that's not ideal but
      it's a no frills window and should use less ram than a full browser window.

      [ffb]
      Command=C:\M_FireFox\FireFox.exe -height 598 -width 798 -browser
      UseDDE=0
      Application=FireFox
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Topic_New=WWW_OpenURL

      hrs
    • Dennis
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
        On Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 19:15, Lee Underwood wrote:

        > I renamed the Browser.dat file, restarted NoteTab Pro and it still doesn't
        > work. Any other ideas?

        Nope. Those two things worked here for me.

        --
        Dennis
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
          Hi Lee and Others,

          I don't think you will come to a solution with any of the
          Mozilla, Firebird, NetScape, etc. browsers that is going to work
          on all machines. Some people get lucky, but most not. You've
          pretty much wore it out for the NoteTab Basic list. If you still
          want to try to get it going, please take it over to the Off Topic
          list. Please see my signature line to subscribe to it. TIA!!! Or
          go to the following link for all the lists sign on/off.

          http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

          >I renamed the Browser.dat file, restarted NoteTab Pro and it
          >still doesn't work. Any other ideas?
          >>
          >> Try removing the browser.dat file altogether. That should
          >> work if you have Firefox set as your default browser.

          Happy Topics,
          Jody

          The NoteTab Off-Topic List
          All Fookes Software mailing lists:
          http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
        • Don - htmlfixit.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
            Dennis wrote:

            > On Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 17:22, Lee Underwood wrote:
            >

            >>I am having the same problem, except it opens Google to search for my
            >>HTML directory. I have the following in Browsers.dat (in addition to
            >>IE):

            a while back we came up with a clip that opened the current notetab doc
            in firefox ... seach the archives for a copy in clips
          • jelkscabaniss@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
              "Don - htmlfixit.com" wrote:
              > a while back we came up with a clip that opened the current
              > notetab doc in firefox ... seach the archives for a copy in
              > clips

              Well, I found the clip, but I found something even better.

              From Jody, last November (regarding Fire*bird*, but same beast more
              or less, different name):

              I use Avantbrowser (an IE shell) as my default browser, and thus
              when I pressed CTRL+T in NTP, the current doc would open in it. The
              two alternates (toolbar icons, or F8 and Shift+F8) were set up in
              Browsers.dat as Firebird and Opera. Well after reading Jody's
              message (above URL), I put the command line for Firefox ...

              "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ^**

              into the "Custom Launch" box in View | Options | Tools, and changed
              the "Main Browser" (View | Options | Internet) to be Avant (which is
              described in Browsers.dat).

              So I can now bring up the document in Firefox via CTRL+T, or press
              F8 to bring it up in Avant, or Shift+F8 to bring it up in Opera.

              I'm happy!

              And I'll shut up now, since I see Jody is telling us to "move it"
              and I'd like to stay in his good graces -- at least for the time
              being -- especially now that he helped solved my problem almost four
              months before I asked! :)

              /Jelks
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
                Hi Jelks and Others,

                Actually, this would have been better on the Clips or even more
                so on the HTML List. (Once we leave the realm of MS Internet
                Explorer; we went advanced, beyond basic <big grin>.)

                I really didn't read all the thread that close. I didn't know you
                just wanted to get the page open. Yes, Custom Launch should have
                done it and a Clip basically using the commandline that goes in
                Custom Launch. It can see how to be done in the regular Help
                under Clip Basics: Using the Clipbook to launch other programs.
                (If you cannot figure it out from there using the "^**" example,
                please do sign up for the Clips list or download my Clip
                tutorial. It'll be covered in the first or second lesson with
                very little geek speak if any at all. <g>

                The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
                designed to walk you through Clip writing. It includes "Getting
                Started" (which is a web page with a number of images displaying
                different parts of NoteTab that deals with Clipbooks), making a
                Clipbook Library, adding Clips, and editing Clips, on to more
                difficult Clip writing. Be sure to read the Introduction also.
                Open ClipTut.clb and then click on the ClipTut.otl Outline Clip
                to open the Outline.

                All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
                folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

                You can also sign up for the NoteTab Clips List to get answers to
                Clip questions, but please do not post there concerning the
                tutorial. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

                Subscribe, unSubscribe, Options

                > "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ^**
                >
                >into the "Custom Launch" box in View | Options | Tools, and changed
                >the "Main Browser" (View | Options | Internet) to be Avant (which is
                >described in Browsers.dat).
                >
                >So I can now bring up the document in Firefox via CTRL+T, or press
                >F8 to bring it up in Avant, or Shift+F8 to bring it up in Opera.
                >
                >I'm happy!
                >
                >And I'll shut up now, since I see Jody is telling us to "move it"
                >and I'd like to stay in his good graces -- at least for the time
                >being -- especially now that he helped solved my problem almost four
                >months before I asked! :)

                Happy Clip'n!

              • Don - htmlfixit.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
                  jelkscabaniss@... wrote:
                  > "Don - htmlfixit.com" wrote:
                  >
                  >>a while back we came up with a clip that opened the current
                  >>notetab doc in firefox ... seach the archives for a copy in
                  >>clips
                  >

                  > Well, I found the clip, but I found something even better.
                  >
                  >>From Jody, last November (regarding Fire*bird*, but same beast more
                  > or less, different name):

                  > I use Avantbrowser (an IE shell) as my default browser, and thus
                  > when I pressed CTRL+T in NTP, the current doc would open in it. The
                  > two alternates (toolbar icons, or F8 and Shift+F8) were set up in
                  > Browsers.dat as Firebird and Opera. Well after reading Jody's
                  > message (above URL), I put the command line for Firefox ...
                  >
                  > "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ^**

                  Yes we came accross that at the same time. It worked for half the
                  people. I was the other half :-)
                  between the clip and that however, I think most of us got it going.
                • Alec Burgess
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
                    This works for me:

                    my browsers.dat entry:
                    [Firefox]
                    Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

                    I'm using Tabbrowser extensions and on its options page - Advanced:
                    Enable/Disable DDE support by needs automatically = ON

                    FWIW: On the same page I have:
                    Open tabs instead of windows for
                    New windows opened by Other Applications = ON

                    I suspect the Enable/Disable DDE option is the critical one.

                    (see extensions:
                    http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/alpha.html#tbe )
                    Let me know whether it works for you

                    Regards ... Alec