Re: [NTB] FireFox

  • Dennis
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
      On Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 17:22, Lee Underwood wrote:

      > I am having the same problem, except it opens Google to search for my
      > HTML directory. I have the following in Browsers.dat (in addition to
      > IE):
      >
      > [moz]
      > Command=firefox.exe -nohome
      > UseDDE=0
      >
      > Any other suggestions?

      Try removing the browser.dat file altogether. That should work if you
      have Firefox set as your default browser.

      --
      Dennis
    • Lee Underwood
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
        I renamed the Browser.dat file, restarted NoteTab Pro and it still doesn't
        work. Any other ideas?

        Lee

        At 4/1/04 05:52 PM, Dennis wrote:

        >On Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 17:22, Lee Underwood wrote:
        >
        > > I am having the same problem, except it opens Google to search for my
        > > HTML directory. I have the following in Browsers.dat (in addition to
        > > IE):
        > >
        > > [moz]
        > > Command=firefox.exe -nohome
        > > UseDDE=0
        > >
        > > Any other suggestions?
        >
        >Try removing the browser.dat file altogether. That should work if you
        >have Firefox set as your default browser.
        >
        >--
        >Dennis

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
          Lee Underwood wrote:

          > I renamed the Browser.dat file, restarted NoteTab Pro and it still
          doesn't
          > work. Any other ideas?
          >
          > Lee

          Lee,

          I looked on Mozilla's FireFox page and couldn't find a command line
          parameter list. Some, not all, of Mozilla's will work.

          The best I can do is with the browsers.dat excerpt below. I doesn't
          show the toolbars or menues, it does however display html or/and text
          very quickly and after all, displaying/testing a webpage is what the
          function is for.

          It, also, opens a window for each page you inspect, that's not ideal but
          it's a no frills window and should use less ram than a full browser window.

          [ffb]
          Command=C:\M_FireFox\FireFox.exe -height 598 -width 798 -browser
          UseDDE=0
          Application=FireFox
          DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
          Topic=WWW_OpenURL
          Topic_New=WWW_OpenURL

          hrs
        • Dennis
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
            On Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 19:15, Lee Underwood wrote:

            > I renamed the Browser.dat file, restarted NoteTab Pro and it still doesn't
            > work. Any other ideas?

            Nope. Those two things worked here for me.

            --
            Dennis
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
              Hi Lee and Others,

              I don't think you will come to a solution with any of the
              Mozilla, Firebird, NetScape, etc. browsers that is going to work
              on all machines. Some people get lucky, but most not. You've
              pretty much wore it out for the NoteTab Basic list. If you still
              want to try to get it going, please take it over to the Off Topic
              list. Please see my signature line to subscribe to it. TIA!!! Or
              go to the following link for all the lists sign on/off.

              http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

              >I renamed the Browser.dat file, restarted NoteTab Pro and it
              >still doesn't work. Any other ideas?
              >>
              >> Try removing the browser.dat file altogether. That should
              >> work if you have Firefox set as your default browser.

              Happy Topics,
              Jody

              The NoteTab Off-Topic List
              All Fookes Software mailing lists:
              http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
            • Don - htmlfixit.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
                Dennis wrote:

                > On Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 17:22, Lee Underwood wrote:
                >

                >>I am having the same problem, except it opens Google to search for my
                >>HTML directory. I have the following in Browsers.dat (in addition to
                >>IE):

                a while back we came up with a clip that opened the current notetab doc
                in firefox ... seach the archives for a copy in clips
              • jelkscabaniss@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
                  "Don - htmlfixit.com" wrote:
                  > a while back we came up with a clip that opened the current
                  > notetab doc in firefox ... seach the archives for a copy in
                  > clips

                  Well, I found the clip, but I found something even better.

                  From Jody, last November (regarding Fire*bird*, but same beast more
                  or less, different name):

                  I use Avantbrowser (an IE shell) as my default browser, and thus
                  when I pressed CTRL+T in NTP, the current doc would open in it. The
                  two alternates (toolbar icons, or F8 and Shift+F8) were set up in
                  Browsers.dat as Firebird and Opera. Well after reading Jody's
                  message (above URL), I put the command line for Firefox ...

                  "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ^**

                  into the "Custom Launch" box in View | Options | Tools, and changed
                  the "Main Browser" (View | Options | Internet) to be Avant (which is
                  described in Browsers.dat).

                  So I can now bring up the document in Firefox via CTRL+T, or press
                  F8 to bring it up in Avant, or Shift+F8 to bring it up in Opera.

                  I'm happy!

                  And I'll shut up now, since I see Jody is telling us to "move it"
                  and I'd like to stay in his good graces -- at least for the time
                  being -- especially now that he helped solved my problem almost four
                  months before I asked! :)

                  /Jelks
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
                    Hi Jelks and Others,

                    Actually, this would have been better on the Clips or even more
                    so on the HTML List. (Once we leave the realm of MS Internet
                    Explorer; we went advanced, beyond basic <big grin>.)

                    I really didn't read all the thread that close. I didn't know you
                    just wanted to get the page open. Yes, Custom Launch should have
                    done it and a Clip basically using the commandline that goes in
                    Custom Launch. It can see how to be done in the regular Help
                    under Clip Basics: Using the Clipbook to launch other programs.
                    (If you cannot figure it out from there using the "^**" example,
                    please do sign up for the Clips list or download my Clip
                    tutorial. It'll be covered in the first or second lesson with
                    very little geek speak if any at all. <g>

                    The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
                    designed to walk you through Clip writing. It includes "Getting
                    Started" (which is a web page with a number of images displaying
                    different parts of NoteTab that deals with Clipbooks), making a
                    Clipbook Library, adding Clips, and editing Clips, on to more
                    difficult Clip writing. Be sure to read the Introduction also.
                    Open ClipTut.clb and then click on the ClipTut.otl Outline Clip
                    to open the Outline.

                    All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
                    folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

                    You can also sign up for the NoteTab Clips List to get answers to
                    Clip questions, but please do not post there concerning the
                    tutorial. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

                    Subscribe, unSubscribe, Options

                    > "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ^**
                    >
                    >into the "Custom Launch" box in View | Options | Tools, and changed
                    >the "Main Browser" (View | Options | Internet) to be Avant (which is
                    >described in Browsers.dat).
                    >
                    >So I can now bring up the document in Firefox via CTRL+T, or press
                    >F8 to bring it up in Avant, or Shift+F8 to bring it up in Opera.
                    >
                    >I'm happy!
                    >
                    >And I'll shut up now, since I see Jody is telling us to "move it"
                    >and I'd like to stay in his good graces -- at least for the time
                    >being -- especially now that he helped solved my problem almost four
                    >months before I asked! :)

                    Happy Clip'n!

                  • Don - htmlfixit.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
                      jelkscabaniss@... wrote:
                      > "Don - htmlfixit.com" wrote:
                      >
                      >>a while back we came up with a clip that opened the current
                      >>notetab doc in firefox ... seach the archives for a copy in
                      >>clips
                      >

                      > Well, I found the clip, but I found something even better.
                      >
                      >>From Jody, last November (regarding Fire*bird*, but same beast more
                      > or less, different name):

                      > I use Avantbrowser (an IE shell) as my default browser, and thus
                      > when I pressed CTRL+T in NTP, the current doc would open in it. The
                      > two alternates (toolbar icons, or F8 and Shift+F8) were set up in
                      > Browsers.dat as Firebird and Opera. Well after reading Jody's
                      > message (above URL), I put the command line for Firefox ...
                      >
                      > "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ^**

                      Yes we came accross that at the same time. It worked for half the
                      people. I was the other half :-)
                      between the clip and that however, I think most of us got it going.
                    • Alec Burgess
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
                        This works for me:

                        my browsers.dat entry:
                        [Firefox]
                        Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

                        I'm using Tabbrowser extensions and on its options page - Advanced:
                        Enable/Disable DDE support by needs automatically = ON

                        FWIW: On the same page I have:
                        Open tabs instead of windows for
                        New windows opened by Other Applications = ON

                        I suspect the Enable/Disable DDE option is the critical one.

                        (see extensions:
                        http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/alpha.html#tbe )
                        Let me know whether it works for you

                        Regards ... Alec