Re: [NTB] NoteTabPro

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31 2:16 PM
      Jim Hall just sent this so I will send to you Kent.
      Jim wrote:
      If you go to
      http://jimbow.com/

      You will find some downloads which you might find helpful in getting started with NoteTab.

      Specifically the following 2 should be helpful.
      Download NOTETAB INTRO FOR NEWBIES
      Download BASIC CLIP BASICS

      Regards,
      Jim
      Regards
      Ed

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31 2:31 PM
        At 09:26 PM 3/31/04 -0000, you wrote:
        >Upon the recommendation of a cyber-friend, I bought NoteTabPro a few
        >days ago. I also downloaded the manual and attempted to read it... I
        >can do many things, but working in HTML is not yet one of them. Is
        >there a one-step-at-a-time manual or set of instructions for
        >NoteTabPro for people whose technical skills rival those of an
        >azalea? Thank you!

        Hi Kent,

        Here is some information from my Helper outline file:

        From: Julie <gleits@...>
        Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:30:22 -0400

        Here's an old post I've saved regarding tutorials/help with Notetab. I'm
        not sure if all these links still work.

        Jim Hall has some excellent basic starter pages:
        http://jimbow.com

        Joe Barta, a NoteTabber, has an excellent HTML
        tutorial for the computer challenged:
        http://www.pagetutor.com/tack/toc.html

        Don Passenger and Jody Adair did this is a very
        basic HTML starter site for NoteTab:
        http://www.bestfoot.com/notetab/html/

        Here's an online NoteTab Light HTML tutorial...
        http://visualtutorials.com/notetab.htm

        ...and yet here are some more about Notetab basics...
        http://www.saunalahti.fi/tonipex/NoteTab.html#BasicUse
        http://www.rsdsigns.com/NoteTabLiteTut.htm

        The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
        written by Jody Adair called "Clip Class" designed to walk you
        through Clip writing. It includes "Getting Started" (which is a web
        page with a number of images displaying different parts of NoteTab
        that deal with Clipbooks), making a Clipbook Library, adding Clips,
        and editing Clips, on to more difficult Clips writing. Be sure to
        read the Introduction also in this 10 lesson on going class. Open
        ClipClass.clb and then click on the ClipClass Outline Clip to open
        the Outline.

        All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
        folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/clipclass.zip

        Some of the above files plus much more come on the NoteTab CD-ROM
        including freeware, trialware, and third party products.

        Ordering Information: Price, CD build type...
        http://www.notetab.net/order/cd-info.htm
        Programs, Utilities, Helps, Clip Tutorial...
        http://www.notetab.net/order/onthiscd.htm
        Order form to print and information to read...
        http://www.notetab.net/order/prtorder.htm
        Third Party Products: Freeware and Shareware...
        http://www.notetab.net/order/tpp-readthis.htm

        Happy Tab'n!
        Jody

        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
        HTML libraries for NoteTab
        http://www.notetab.com/html.php

        This item was added to the otl - 07/19/03 05:26 am from an email sent to
        the NoteTab Basic list by Jan Rosenstreich <mystic@...> that was
        posted to the list on Sat, 19 Jul 2003 00:22:06.
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
        END OF INFORMATION FROM HELPER FILE:
        due to a lack of traffic and an increase in spam to the site. The
        listowner of these NoteTab sites is Jody Adair and he has placed a searies
        of helpful files on his website including a clip tutorial and a couple of
        outline files. One of the outline files is a tutorial itself on NoteTab
        Clip programing and the other is an email archive from the discontinued
        list of all of the posts to that list during its short life.

        You can download the tutorial in a file called cliptut.zip from:

        http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê
      • Jim Hall
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31 7:41 PM
          Larry.

          At 02:31 PM 3/31/2004, you wrote:
          >Here is some information from my Helper outline file:

          That is one of the best compilations I've seen yet.

          I hope you won't be offended if I use it some time in the future. :-)

          Jolly good show!

          Regards,

          Jim
        • bayman1
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2004
            Sage advice - thank you. I get frustrated too easily sometimes, particularly when running my business and trying to learn something totally unrelated at the same time. It's like switching vehicles at every stoplight...

            Thanks! - Kent
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2004
              Hi Larry, Kent, Julie, and Others,

              This section of the longer post for beginning HTML and Clips with
              NoteTab should be replaced with what follows it. Thanks for
              updating your copy/paste helps. :-) (In short, I removed the word
              "class" and renamed it to tutorial since it is no longer a
              class.) All the other links to my web pages are still correct.

              >The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
              >written by Jody Adair called "Clip Class" designed to walk you
              >through Clip writing. It includes "Getting Started" (which is a web
              >page with a number of images displaying different parts of NoteTab
              >that deal with Clipbooks), making a Clipbook Library, adding Clips,
              >and editing Clips, on to more difficult Clips writing. Be sure to
              >read the Introduction also in this 10 lesson on going class. Open
              >ClipClass.clb and then click on the ClipClass Outline Clip to open
              >the Outline.
              >
              >All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
              >folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/clipclass.zip

              The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
              designed to walk you through Clip writing. It includes "Getting
              Started" (which is a web page with a number of images displaying
              different parts of NoteTab that deals with Clipbooks), making a
              Clipbook Library, adding Clips, and editing Clips, on to more
              difficult Clip writing. Be sure to read the Introduction also.
              Open ClipTut.clb and then click on the ClipTut.otl Outline Clip
              to open the Outline.

              All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
              folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

              Happy Tab'n,
              Jody Adair

              NoteTabbers Assistant Page Clean-Funnies dot com
              http://www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com