Re: [NTB] Question: XP POWER TOY TASK SWITCHER [TWO NOTETAB ICONS]

  • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2004
      On 25/3/2004 09:33, vonwinklekr invited the wrath of the gods by saying:

      >When I install the WINDOWS XP TASK SWITCH POWER TOY, I get TWO
      >NOTETAB icons in the list of applications... ANy ideas why?
      >
      >The power toy can be downloaded at
      >http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-
      >US/TaskswitchPowertoySetup.exe

      I noticed a while ago that if you use the "tile windows" command on
      Windows while Notetab is open, the system behaves as if there was an
      "invisible" extra program windows opened. That is, if you had two
      program windows opened (say, Notetab and Explorer) and used the "tile
      windows" command, each program was resized to a _third_ of the desktop
      area (instead of half), and a "vacant" desktop area remained vacant.

      I contacted Notetab support at the time and this is the answer I got:

      > The "ghost" window as you call it is actually a Delphi-Borland thing.
      All programs programmed with Delphi will experience it.

      So, it seems to me that what you are experiencing is another aspect of
      the same Delphi issue.

      --
      Marcelo de Castro Bastos