Re: Make "Save" button ask where to put file?

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2004
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "clueless in seattle"
      <clueless_seattle@y...> wrote:

      > I want the "Save" button on my NTP toolbar to behave like
      > the "Save" button on my Word 97 toolbar, i.e., like this:
      >
      > 1. I click the "Save" button the first time after creating a
      > new file, it will open the browsing window allowing me to name the
      > file and select or create a folder to place it in.
      >

      > 2. Thereafter, each time I click the "Save" button, it will
      > automatically re-save the file under the previously selected
      filename
      > and folder name.
      >
      > So, can I get the "Save" button in NTP to work like the "Save"
      button
      > in Word 97?

      I must not be understanding you correctly clueless, for what you're
      asking for IS the default behavior of the "Save" command (including
      saving by way of the toolbar icon).

      What are you seeing that I don't?

      "Match Directory" just means NoteTab will use the directory of your
      current active document, as the default directory for any additional
      documents you want to open. That is, if you have a file from
      D:\Documents open and active in NoteTab, if you click Open again,
      you'll be in the D:\Documents directory. If you switch to another
      open file in NoteTab that's in another directory, then that directory
      becomes the default. In other words, it kind of follows you around,
      wherever your current active document is stored, will be the default
      directory for opening other files.

      John
    • Ugly Person
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2004
        > >How do I move Notetab Pro from one computer to another? I'd like
        > >to get it off of my home computer, where I hardly ever use it,
        > >onto my work computer, where I now have Notetab Light. If I
        > >remember correctly, I am not allowed to have two copies running
        > >on separate computers.

        Actually that's a pretty standard rule for most non-freeware programs.
        Luckily I learned from my experience that NoteTab is pretty transportable
        and if you copy the whole NoteTab directory from one location to another it
        will most likely work. It's always worked for me.

        Mind you, the best way is to just re-install it. You DID save the setup
        program when you first unlocked the "wrapper" program, didn't you? But as I
        said, the other way works almost as well.

        -Sean