Re: Make "Save" button ask where to put file?

  • clueless in seattle
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3 9:07 AM
      OK, scratch all of the above. Let's start over.

      I've monkeyed around with the "Save Document" and "Save as..."
      buttons on my toolbar and it finally hit me how to describe what it
      is I want:

      I want the "Save" button on my NTP toolbar to behave like
      the "Save" button on my Word 97 toolbar, i.e., like this:

      1. I click the "Save" button the first time after creating a
      new file, it will open the browsing window allowing me to name the
      file and select or create a folder to place it in.

      2. Thereafter, each time I click the "Save" button, it will
      automatically re-save the file under the previously selected filename
      and folder name.

      So, can I get the "Save" button in NTP to work like the "Save" button
      in Word 97?

      If not, on which list should I post a request to have this feature
      added to the next release of NTP?
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3 11:43 AM
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "clueless in seattle"
        <clueless_seattle@y...> wrote:

        > I want the "Save" button on my NTP toolbar to behave like
        > the "Save" button on my Word 97 toolbar, i.e., like this:
        >
        > 1. I click the "Save" button the first time after creating a
        > new file, it will open the browsing window allowing me to name the
        > file and select or create a folder to place it in.
        >

        > 2. Thereafter, each time I click the "Save" button, it will
        > automatically re-save the file under the previously selected
        filename
        > and folder name.
        >
        > So, can I get the "Save" button in NTP to work like the "Save"
        button
        > in Word 97?

        I must not be understanding you correctly clueless, for what you're
        asking for IS the default behavior of the "Save" command (including
        saving by way of the toolbar icon).

        What are you seeing that I don't?

        "Match Directory" just means NoteTab will use the directory of your
        current active document, as the default directory for any additional
        documents you want to open. That is, if you have a file from
        D:\Documents open and active in NoteTab, if you click Open again,
        you'll be in the D:\Documents directory. If you switch to another
        open file in NoteTab that's in another directory, then that directory
        becomes the default. In other words, it kind of follows you around,
        wherever your current active document is stored, will be the default
        directory for opening other files.

        John
      • Ugly Person
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3 12:50 PM
          > >How do I move Notetab Pro from one computer to another? I'd like
          > >to get it off of my home computer, where I hardly ever use it,
          > >onto my work computer, where I now have Notetab Light. If I
          > >remember correctly, I am not allowed to have two copies running
          > >on separate computers.

          Actually that's a pretty standard rule for most non-freeware programs.
          Luckily I learned from my experience that NoteTab is pretty transportable
          and if you copy the whole NoteTab directory from one location to another it
          will most likely work. It's always worked for me.

          Mind you, the best way is to just re-install it. You DID save the setup
          program when you first unlocked the "wrapper" program, didn't you? But as I
          said, the other way works almost as well.

          -Sean