Quicklist background color problem

  • clueless in seattle
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
      Here's and easy one:

      I set the background color for my Quicklist to what looks
      like "cream" on my screen (top row, second from left on the color
      chart).

      But now when I add a filename to the Quicklist, the background color
      for the filename only comes up as grey. The rest of the blank area
      on the Quicklist remains cream colored.

      How do I get the background for the filenames in the Quicklist to
      match the rest of the Quicklist background?
    • loro
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
        clueless in seattle wrote:
        >I set the background color for my Quicklist to what looks
        >like "cream" on my screen (top row, second from left on the color
        >chart).
        >
        >But now when I add a filename to the Quicklist, the background color
        >for the filename only comes up as grey. The rest of the blank area
        >on the Quicklist remains cream colored.

        Hi clueless,

        Long time no see. Welcome back. :-)
        What you describe only happens to me if I set my display to 256 colors. Could that be it, or some other display problem?

        Lotta
      • clueless in seattle
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@t...> wrote:

          > Hi clueless,
          >
          > Long time no see. Welcome back. :-)

          Thanks! Nice to be back, and nice to find you still here! I was
          homeless for a year an a half and so had to use library computers for
          all my work. But after quite a struggle and even a lawsuit I'm
          finally ensconced in a public housing apartment and on Social
          Security disability benefits. Still having trouble managing to
          figure out how to make the small monthly check stretch to cover all
          my expenses but I'm learning (First lesson: never buy anything
          unless you absolutely can't survive without it).

          > What you describe only happens to me if I set my display to 256
          colors. Could that be it, or some other display problem?

          Bingo! I'm running my old NTP 4.86c on a hand-me-down laptop, that
          like me has good days and bad days, and I just changed the display to
          High Color 16 bit and now the filenames display perfectly.

          Thanks!