Re: [NTB] Adding to User Defined Dictionaries

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004
      Hi Lee,

      >How can I add (or merge) a plain text file with a list of words,
      >together with the user defined dictionary in NoteTab Pro? I am
      >trying to combine a list of words (several hundred) into the
      >spelling dictionary.

      In some versions back large .udt dictionaries slowed down the
      opening or closing of the spelling checker tremendously, but I
      have not run into the problem lately.

      I have either a Library or Snatch-A-Clip called Edit.udt. If you
      open your UDT file in NoteTab I believe you can just add your
      list to the bottom of it (above [Auto Correct]) and then click on
      the Edit udt Clip. It should reformat and renumber everything for
      you. You can also delete lines of existing words that you no
      longer want in the dictionary. In fact, that is what I originally
      built it for. There is a Clip called "DeleteLine" that makes it
      easy to just move your cursor to lines that you want deleted.
      Once you delete the first line you can place your cursor on the
      next line you want deleted and then press Ctrl+Spacebar to
      execute the Deleteline Clip again.

      If you need to discuss the Library, please write me in private
      eMail. I will not reply to any mail on this list about it. I
      don't mean to sound rude, but some people don't seem to
      understand please don't reply on this list.
      mailto:kjv-av1611@...

      http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm
      Try: http://www.notetab.net/zip/editudt.zip

      See ya in the funnies,
      Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

      http://www.clean-funnies.com
    • Christine
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
        Jody,
        Is this on your site or NoteTab's?
        I am also editing my files to correct misspelled Sanskrit translations. It
        would be easier to use this utility than the importation I did into Excel.
        Thanks,
        Christine