Re: [NTB] Trial Version of the Pro allow outlines or not? 32k paragraphs?

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2004
      At 05:42 PM 3/2/04 -0000, you wrote:
      >Does the trial version of Note Tab Pro allow outline creation
      >or just reading?
      >
      >I noticed I can read Outlines but I cannot create them.
      >
      >I tried the Free version first before I realized that
      >it only allowed reading of Outlines. Is it possible
      >the remnants of teh Free version corrupted the Pro
      >version?
      >
      >It seems like a great program.

      The trial version allows you to create outline files at least it did when I
      had it four years ago.

      >And what does, if I can piggy-back another question,
      >does 32k paragraph limitation in Pro really mean?
      >
      >Does it mean if I have a 1 MB file without any
      >paragraphy breaks, the Pro version cannot load
      >this particular file? This is unlikely except
      >in the case of a quasi-binary file and one
      >or two files of text that just might not have
      >a paragraph break, as weird as that seems.
      >
      >Thanks

      NoteTab will automatically break up lines containing more than 32 k total
      character by adding a hard break at that limit or there abouts. It will
      place the break based on the nearest punctuation to that size. If you go
      to the View/Options panel and select the advanced tab, NoteTab will allow
      you to increase the default paragraph size beyond 32 k but you may find
      yourself paying a price in the form of slower loads, searches, and other
      text processing invoiving clips.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê