Re: [NTB] Re: Make "Save" button ask where to put file?

  • R Shapp
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 10:39 PM
      Hi Clueless,

      I should have added that you can invoke "Save as" another way by
      right-clicking on the file's tab.

      Ray Shapp
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2 12:35 AM
        At 01:39 AM 3/2/04 -0500, you wrote:
        >Hi Clueless,
        >
        >I should have added that you can invoke "Save as" another way by
        >right-clicking on the file's tab.
        >
        >Ray Shapp

        I only use "Save as" when I want another copy of the file in a different
        location from the original or under another name. If you use "Save as" on
        a new unsave file, I guess it is ok but if you forget and use it on a
        previously saved file, you can end up with a bunch of copies of the same
        file and lose track of some of them. The original is not overwritten or
        deleted unless you happen to select it in the "Save as" dialog or you
        manually delete it.

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê
      • Cyberspace Publishing
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2 2:02 AM
          At 02:35 AM 03/02/2004 -0600, you wrote:
          >At 01:39 AM 3/2/04 -0500, you wrote:
          > >Hi Clueless,
          > >
          > >I should have added that you can invoke "Save as" another way by
          > >right-clicking on the file's tab.
          > >
          > >Ray Shapp
          >
          >I only use "Save as" when I want another copy of the file in a different
          >location from the original or under another name. If you use "Save as" on
          >a new unsave file, I guess it is ok but if you forget and use it on a
          >previously saved file, you can end up with a bunch of copies of the same
          >file and lose track of some of them. The original is not overwritten or
          >deleted unless you happen to select it in the "Save as" dialog or you
          >manually delete it.
          >
          >Regards,
          >
          >Larry

          That's SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for every Windows program that I
          am aware of - Mac and Linux, too. In fact, I know of none that don't do it
          that way.

          Cheers,
          Tom