Re: [NTB] Adding to User Defined Dictionaries
The file that contains user defined words is:
C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\Default.udt
or equivalent depending on how installed.
It appears to have a format like this:
If its just a few hundred I might just spell-check the list of words you
want added and accept each one by one which should do the job.
If you want to automated it a bit you could ...
(1) Edit the default.udt file (copy it into another buffer)
(2) Use regex find replace to strip all the IGN_nn= at the beginning of each
(3) Append your new words list to the end of whatever you already have.
(4) Sort alphabetically ascending
(5) Use Perlscript Perl Num lines (in Sample clips) to number all lines in
(6) Use regex find-replace to change the format back to what it was
(7) Put this back in the default.udt file (having made a backup first !
(8) Fix up the IGN_ListCount= line
(9) Save the file
(10) Test by spell checking your additions file
or try to create a clip to do it more automagically and/or join the clips
list for assistence http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/
Regards ... Alec
---- Original Message ----
From: "Lee Underwood" <tns@...>
To: "NoteTab-General" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 00:29
Subject: [gla: [NTB] Adding to User Defined Dictionaries
> How can I add (or merge) a plain text file with a list of words,
> together with the user defined dictionary in NoteTab Pro? I am trying
> to combine a list of words (several hundred) into the spelling