Re: [NTB] Adding to User Defined Dictionaries

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2004
      Lee:

      The file that contains user defined words is:
      C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\Default.udt
      or equivalent depending on how installed.

      It appears to have a format like this:
      [Added]
      IGN_ListCount=597
      IGN_0=16Mb
      IGN_1=20th
      IGN_2=2Gb
      IGN_3=3d
      IGN_4=500K
      IGN_5=5MB
      IGN_594=Y2K
      IGN_595=yorgurt
      IGN_596=ZipMagic

      If its just a few hundred I might just spell-check the list of words you
      want added and accept each one by one which should do the job.

      If you want to automated it a bit you could ...
      (1) Edit the default.udt file (copy it into another buffer)
      (2) Use regex find replace to strip all the IGN_nn= at the beginning of each
      line
      (3) Append your new words list to the end of whatever you already have.
      (4) Sort alphabetically ascending
      (5) Use Perlscript Perl Num lines (in Sample clips) to number all lines in
      your buffer
      (6) Use regex find-replace to change the format back to what it was
      originally
      (7) Put this back in the default.udt file (having made a backup first !
      :-) )
      (8) Fix up the IGN_ListCount= line
      (9) Save the file
      (10) Test by spell checking your additions file
      DONE!

      or try to create a clip to do it more automagically and/or join the clips
      list for assistence http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/

      good luck

      Regards ... Alec