Adding to User Defined Dictionaries

  • Lee Underwood
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2004
      How can I add (or merge) a plain text file with a list of words, together
      with the user defined dictionary in NoteTab Pro? I am trying to combine a
      list of words (several hundred) into the spelling dictionary.

      Thanks!

      Lee
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004
        Hi Lee,

        >How can I add (or merge) a plain text file with a list of words,
        >together with the user defined dictionary in NoteTab Pro? I am
        >trying to combine a list of words (several hundred) into the
        >spelling dictionary.

        In some versions back large .udt dictionaries slowed down the
        opening or closing of the spelling checker tremendously, but I
        have not run into the problem lately.

        I have either a Library or Snatch-A-Clip called Edit.udt. If you
        open your UDT file in NoteTab I believe you can just add your
        list to the bottom of it (above [Auto Correct]) and then click on
        the Edit udt Clip. It should reformat and renumber everything for
        you. You can also delete lines of existing words that you no
        longer want in the dictionary. In fact, that is what I originally
        built it for. There is a Clip called "DeleteLine" that makes it
        easy to just move your cursor to lines that you want deleted.
        Once you delete the first line you can place your cursor on the
        next line you want deleted and then press Ctrl+Spacebar to
        execute the Deleteline Clip again.

        If you need to discuss the Library, please write me in private
        eMail. I will not reply to any mail on this list about it. I
        don't mean to sound rude, but some people don't seem to
        understand please don't reply on this list.
        mailto:kjv-av1611@...

        http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm
        Try: http://www.notetab.net/zip/editudt.zip

        See ya in the funnies,
        Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

        http://www.clean-funnies.com
      • Christine
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
          Jody,
          Is this on your site or NoteTab's?
          I am also editing my files to correct misspelled Sanskrit translations. It
          would be easier to use this utility than the importation I did into Excel.
          Thanks,
          Christine