Re: [NTB] Transferring settings to new computer

  • PegasusLover
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29, 2004
      Hello!

      > How do I transfer my customized features to a 2nd computer when I
      > install NTP on the new computer?

      > I've got some customized buttons to run clips, but it's been so long
      > since I've used NTP, I've forgotten where my personal settings are
      > stored.

      I recently did something similar, moving a registered version of NTP from a W98 laptop
      to an XPPro laptop. Wanted to keep my registration and all my customized settings and
      toolbars. And with some help from the NT off-topic list, I did accomplish this.

      On my W98 computer NoteTab was installed under Program Files. I copied files from
      almost all of the subdirectories, and copied them into their counterparts on the new
      computer. I also copied the NoteTabPro INI file from the old computer. And my NTP
      on my new 'puter has all my favorites, buttons, toolbars, clipbars, and clips. I do have a
      problem with the favorites, having to update the paths on the files, as they are different
      here.

      One other problem I had. I had a Clip (LibToggle) that was missing a .clb file and
      wouldn't run. I discovered that somehow that .clb file was hidden. So I had to make a
      special trip into my old 'puter just for that file.

      So look under Program files for your NTP directory.

      Hope this helps!

      Respectfully,
      Ruth

      For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good
      work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
      (Phil 1:6 NNAS)
      ~ PegasusLover (at) adagioinb.com ~
      Borg? Where? I don't se*(#$#..NO CARRIER