Re: [NTB] Set alternative when string not found?

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2004
      Hi Kalasin,

      There are probably a few different options you can take. However,
      please sign up for the Clips list and post on it. Thanks much!

      If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do *not*
      post questions about Clips and other scripting languages on the
      Basic list. More difficult tasks should be posted on the Clips or
      Scripts lists. HTML should be posted on the HTML list and Off
      Topic discussion takes place on that list. Easy Thumbnails, Easy
      Imager, and Album Express list are for discussion of those
      programs. The most important thing to remember is please leave
      the Basic list for the *very basic* use of NoteTab. The other
      lists are a lot more flexible for instance Clips can be/and are
      welcomed on the HTML list. Thanks!!! See my sigline or signup
      on line:

      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      >I've got a clip that includes a backwards search
      >
      >^!Find "apple" [TIBS]
      >
      >The clip works fine if there is a prior "apple" instance, but it
      >doesn't work correctly when there's not. (And adding "apple" to the
      >beginning of the file isn't an option.)
      >
      >Is there a way to construct an If/[ElseGoTo] statement to work around
      >a single backward-searching instance that is not found?
      >
      >I tried using ^!IfError, but that didn't seem to work.
      >
      >I have a feeling there's a simple answer, but I'm not seeing it.

      Happy Clip'n!