Re: [NTB] Digest Number 1182 COLUMNS

  • penchina0@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2004
      QUESTION -- How can you get columnar data from a
      website into Excel?
      CSV, Tab delimited, or formatted text would work.

      Sometimes I find it works if I just highlight and
      then cut and paste.
      Sometimes I can download html file -- then I need to
      somehow maintain the columnar arrangement while
      stripping the html tags.

      The info on making columns is useful I tried the HTML
      library and column wizard. Very nice and easy.
      What I need to do is sort-of the reverse of that.

      Thanks for any help on this.

      Preferably send copy of reply directly to me at
      cmpenchina@...

      --- notetab@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > There are 4 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. how2 make two columns out of one
      > From: "willgrep4grub"
      > <dcat2u@...>
      > 2. Re: how2 make two columns out of one
      > From: Larry Thomas
      > <larryt@...>
      > 3. Re: Re: how2 make two columns out of one
      > From: "Alec Burgess" <burale@...>
      > 4. Re: how2 make two columns out of one
      > From: hsavage <hsavage@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:09:26 -0000
      > From: "willgrep4grub" <dcat2u@...>
      > Subject: how2 make two columns out of one
      >
      > Greetings,
      > I hope this is simple. I've got one long column. I
      > want to make the
      > bottom half a second column aligned with the text in
      > the first. It
      > would be as if I made a two column table. I've got
      > Jody's NoteBlock
      > (thanks), but it doesn't seem to do this.
      > Anybody know how to split one column into two?
      > BTW, thanks to all of this group from a long time
      > lurker. NoteTab Pro
      > and you (or ya'll as we prefer to drawl here in
      > Texas) have made my
      > life much easier for the past 5 years or so.
      > Peace,
      > DCat

      > Message: 2
      > Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:47:49 -0600
      > From: Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
      > Subject: Re: how2 make two columns out of one
      >

      > Hi DCat,
      >
      > At 06:09 PM 1/28/04 -0000, you wrote:
      > >Greetings,
      > >I hope this is simple. I've got one long column. I
      > want to make the
      > >bottom half a second column aligned with the text
      > in the first. It
      > >would be as if I made a two column table. I've got
      > Jody's NoteBlock
      > >(thanks), but it doesn't seem to do this.
      > >Anybody know how to split one column into two?
      > >BTW, thanks to all of this group from a long time
      > lurker. NoteTab Pro
      > >and you (or ya'll as we prefer to drawl here in
      > Texas) have made my
      > >life much easier for the past 5 years or so.
      > >Peace,
      > >DCat
      >
      > I just wrote this clipbook library last month to
      > allow me to easily
      > re-arrange the addresses in my address book file
      > which I have in two
      > columns. The first column is indented 5 spaces and
      > the second column is
      > indented 43 spaces and it works very well for me.
      > You can download the
      > file from the clip list file site at:
      >
      > Or directly from:

      > Just unzip the file into NoteTab's Library folder.
      > It has a clipbar and
      > two icons for the clipbar as well. I hope this does
      > what you want but you
      > could adjust the spacing if you want it different
      > from what I have.
      >
      > Regards,

> [...]
      === message truncated ===

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html