Re: Question about clips in basic notetab (was: Re: [NTB] RegExp in replacing?)

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
      Hi Marcel,

      At 04:29 PM 2/5/04 +0100, you wrote:
      >In fear of going too far oftopic.
      >I have the basic Notetab. Do I have a benefit if I also make myself a
      >member on the Clips list? Or is the clips functionality not entirely
      >supported with the free version?
      >
      >greetings,
      >Marcel de Jong

      It does not matter what version of NoteTab you have, freeware or shareware
      or none (although it would help you if you have a version to try things
      on). The lists (all of them) are free to anyone to join and participate in
      subject to the list rules which you receive in the welcome letter from Jody
      when you subscribe. Things such as: Do not promote a competitor's product
      on the list. Do not use bad language. Do not engage in personal attacks
      on other listmembers and so forth and so on. Otherwise feel free to post
      questions about NoteTab and clips to the proper lists. You can subscribe
      or unsubscribe to any of the lists as often as you wish and you can change
      your member settings as often as you wish. You can do these things by
      email only or you can go to the website for each list and do the same or
      you can do both.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
        Hi Sheri and Others,

        I don't know what the requirements are for "spammish," but Alice
        t... mentioned how to turn it off on the Off Topic list, so I
        will do so. It is a group setting, so I'll have to do it for each
        one. I'll get to it when I find some time. We have been just
        disapproving SPAM in the past so you all never saw it. Actually,
        Julie G. has been doing it for us for the past half year or so -
        thanks Julie!

        >> I'm certain NoteTab can do what you want, but as Sheri said in
        >> her (spammish??) message it might be better to use a clip
        >> (which might
        >
        >I sure would like to know what made it spammish? Since I read
        >messages for this group online, under ordinary circumstances I
        >wouldn't even know what you talking about. Fortunately another
        >member emailed me. My previous message was ontopic and to the
        >point. I hope this false positive doesn't have blacklisting
        >consequences. Maybe there there is a group settings that need to
        >be tweaked. Jody?

        Happy Tab'n,
        Jody Adair

        NoteTabbers Assistant Page Clean-Funnies dot com
        http://www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
      • Julie
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
          Coming soon to an email list near you (if it didn't take the first time)!

          >Maybe there there is a group settings that need to be tweaked. Jody?
          >
          >Sheri
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
            John:

            Your email which did not get treated as spam contains this header:

            Sheri's which was marked as spam and converted to an attachment contains
            this:

            Other pseudo-spams from other yahoo-groups also seem to have this
            "SFLAG=OPENRELAY" tag in the X-eGroups-Rocket-Track.

            You said:
            > have emailled the listowner how to turn off this poxy spam detector
            > yahoo think actually works!!!

            Could you publish it here so I can pass it on to other lists/listowners. I'd
            had a look at the links from the page yahoo refernces:
            indicates it could be turned off per list.

            I hadn't thought to check the two lists I "own" for a way to turn it off on
            a per list basis since I only have them for personal use.

            If you found something could you post it here so it can be passed on?

            Regards ... Alec

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
              On Thursday, Feb 05, 2004
              Marcel wrote regarding "Question about clips in basic notetab (was: Re: [NTB] RegExp in replacing?)";

              > I have the basic Notetab. Do I have a benefit if I also make myself a
              > member on the Clips list? Or is the clips functionality not entirely
              > supported with the free version?

              Marcel,

              I believe the Light version supports clips. There is a comparison chart
              at <http://www.notetab.com/chart.php> Note that all three versions are
              "Programmable" which (I think) refers to the clip functions.

              The Light version doesn't support "Clipbars", but that's a different
              (though related) function.

              Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

              HTH
              Ben B