Re: [spam] Re: [NTB] RegExp in replacing?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
      Sheri wrote:

      > Re: [NTB] RegExp in replacing?
      > From:
      > "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...>
      > Date:
      > Thu, 05 Feb 2004 12:58:17 -0000
      > To:
      > notetab@yahoogroups.com
      > To:
      > notetab@yahoogroups.com
      >
      >--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Ben B <benb_i26up@x> wrote:
      >
      >>I'm certain NoteTab can do what you want, but as Sheri said in her
      >>(spammish??) message it might be better to use a clip (which might
      >

      >I sure would like to know what made it spammish? Since I read
      >messages for this group online, under ordinary circumstances I
      >wouldn't even know what you talking about. Fortunately another
      >member emailed me. My previous message was ontopic and to the point.
      >I hope this false positive doesn't have blacklisting consequences.
      >Maybe there there is a group settings that need to be tweaked. Jody?
      >
      >Sheri

      Sheri,

      I don't know where the Spam tag came from, but, the previous, and last
      message had attachments. I thought these lists were supposed to cull
      messages with attachments, or, at least, remove the attached.

      The last message, the one I examined contained an attachment, consisting
      of the message itself. Each attachment, in turn, contained an
      attachment of itself.

      I went back 3 levels and all contained the same thing.

      hrs
    • Marcel
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
        In fear of going too far oftopic.
        I have the basic Notetab. Do I have a benefit if I also make myself a
        member on the Clips list? Or is the clips functionality not entirely
        supported with the free version?

        greetings,
        Marcel de Jong

      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
          Hi Marcel,

          At 04:29 PM 2/5/04 +0100, you wrote:
          >In fear of going too far oftopic.
          >I have the basic Notetab. Do I have a benefit if I also make myself a
          >member on the Clips list? Or is the clips functionality not entirely
          >supported with the free version?
          >
          >greetings,
          >Marcel de Jong

          It does not matter what version of NoteTab you have, freeware or shareware
          or none (although it would help you if you have a version to try things
          on). The lists (all of them) are free to anyone to join and participate in
          subject to the list rules which you receive in the welcome letter from Jody
          when you subscribe. Things such as: Do not promote a competitor's product
          on the list. Do not use bad language. Do not engage in personal attacks
          on other listmembers and so forth and so on. Otherwise feel free to post
          questions about NoteTab and clips to the proper lists. You can subscribe
          or unsubscribe to any of the lists as often as you wish and you can change
          your member settings as often as you wish. You can do these things by
          email only or you can go to the website for each list and do the same or
          you can do both.

          Regards,

          Larry
          lrt@... e¿ê
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
            Hi Sheri and Others,

            I don't know what the requirements are for "spammish," but Alice
            t... mentioned how to turn it off on the Off Topic list, so I
            will do so. It is a group setting, so I'll have to do it for each
            one. I'll get to it when I find some time. We have been just
            disapproving SPAM in the past so you all never saw it. Actually,
            Julie G. has been doing it for us for the past half year or so -
            thanks Julie!

            >> I'm certain NoteTab can do what you want, but as Sheri said in
            >> her (spammish??) message it might be better to use a clip
            >> (which might
            >
            >I sure would like to know what made it spammish? Since I read
            >messages for this group online, under ordinary circumstances I
            >wouldn't even know what you talking about. Fortunately another
            >member emailed me. My previous message was ontopic and to the
            >point. I hope this false positive doesn't have blacklisting
            >consequences. Maybe there there is a group settings that need to
            >be tweaked. Jody?

            Happy Tab'n,
            Jody Adair

            NoteTabbers Assistant Page Clean-Funnies dot com
            http://www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
          • Julie
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
              Coming soon to an email list near you (if it didn't take the first time)!

              >Maybe there there is a group settings that need to be tweaked. Jody?
              >
              >Sheri
            • Alec Burgess
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
                John:

                Your email which did not get treated as spam contains this header:

                Sheri's which was marked as spam and converted to an attachment contains
                this:

                Other pseudo-spams from other yahoo-groups also seem to have this
                "SFLAG=OPENRELAY" tag in the X-eGroups-Rocket-Track.

                You said:
                > have emailled the listowner how to turn off this poxy spam detector
                > yahoo think actually works!!!

                Could you publish it here so I can pass it on to other lists/listowners. I'd
                had a look at the links from the page yahoo refernces:
                indicates it could be turned off per list.

                I hadn't thought to check the two lists I "own" for a way to turn it off on
                a per list basis since I only have them for personal use.

                If you found something could you post it here so it can be passed on?

                Regards ... Alec

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
                  On Thursday, Feb 05, 2004
                  Marcel wrote regarding "Question about clips in basic notetab (was: Re: [NTB] RegExp in replacing?)";

                  > I have the basic Notetab. Do I have a benefit if I also make myself a
                  > member on the Clips list? Or is the clips functionality not entirely
                  > supported with the free version?

                  Marcel,

                  I believe the Light version supports clips. There is a comparison chart
                  at <http://www.notetab.com/chart.php> Note that all three versions are
                  "Programmable" which (I think) refers to the clip functions.

                  The Light version doesn't support "Clipbars", but that's a different
                  (though related) function.

                  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

                  HTH
                  Ben B