Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

RegExp in replacing?

Expand Messages
  • Marcel
    Hi all, I wanted to replace a piece of text using RegExp. But I was unable to do it. This piece of text looked like [00:xx] where the xx stood for other
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 4, 2004
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi all,

      I wanted to replace a piece of text using RegExp. But I was unable to do
      it.
      This piece of text looked like [00:xx] where the xx stood for other
      numbers.
      I tried [00:**] or [00:{0,9}*] or even \[00:{0,9)*\]. But all it did was
      replace each zero, but ignore the second number. In the end of the
      replacing I had this remaining in the text:
      [ xx]

      It was a timestamp, which I wanted to remove.

      So actually I have 2 questions, how does this regexp thing work? and
      second is there another way of removing timestamps from a file. (I know of
      some editors which have vertical selection)

      greetings,
      Marcel de Jong
    • Ben B
      On Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 Marcel wrote regarding RegExp in replacing? ; ... You re getting close with [00:{0,9)* ] It should be [00:[0-9]* ] But that
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 4, 2004
      • 0 Attachment
        On Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004
        Marcel wrote regarding "RegExp in replacing?";

        > I wanted to replace a piece of text using RegExp. But I was unable to do
        > it.
        > This piece of text looked like [00:xx] where the xx stood for other
        > numbers.
        > I tried [00:**] or [00:{0,9}*] or even \[00:{0,9)*\]. But all it did was
        > replace each zero, but ignore the second number. In the end of the
        > replacing I had this remaining in the text:
        > [ xx]

        You're getting close with \[00:{0,9)*\]

        It should be \[00:[0-9]*\]
        But that will also find [00:] or [00:1] or [00:123] etc.
        So I'd probably use \[[0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9]\]
        or even \[\d\d:\d\d\]

        To define a character class you need to use brackets [] which is also
        why you must escape the literal brackets that you are searching
        for—thus \[ and \].

        To specify a range use a hyphen rather than a comma [A-Z] or [a-z] or
        [0-9].

        \d represents any digit character and is equivalent to [0-9] so \d\d
        will find any pair of digits.

        HTH
        Ben B
      • Marcel
        Thanks a lot Ben. This really helped. thank you, Marcel de Jong
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 4, 2004
        • 0 Attachment
          Thanks a lot Ben.
          This really helped.

          thank you,
          Marcel de Jong

          On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:03:52 -0800, Ben B <benb_i26up@...> wrote:

          > On Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004
          > Marcel wrote regarding "RegExp in replacing?";
          >
          >> I wanted to replace a piece of text using RegExp. But I was unable to do
          >> it.
          >> This piece of text looked like [00:xx] where the xx stood for other
          >> numbers.
          >> I tried [00:**] or [00:{0,9}*] or even \[00:{0,9)*\]. But all it did was
          >> replace each zero, but ignore the second number. In the end of the
          >> replacing I had this remaining in the text:
          >> [ xx]
          >
          > You're getting close with \[00:{0,9)*\]
          >
          > It should be \[00:[0-9]*\]
          > But that will also find [00:] or [00:1] or [00:123] etc.
          > So I'd probably use \[[0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9]\]
          > or even \[\d\d:\d\d\]
          >
          > To define a character class you need to use brackets [] which is also
          > why you must escape the literal brackets that you are searching
          > for—thus \[ and \].
          >
          > To specify a range use a hyphen rather than a comma [A-Z] or [a-z] or
          > [0-9].
          >
          > \d represents any digit character and is equivalent to [0-9] so \d\d
          > will find any pair of digits.
          >
          > HTH
          > Ben B
          >
          >
          > To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:
          > mailto:notetab-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/list/notetab
          >
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          > To visit your group on the web, go to:
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notetab/
          >
          > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          > notetab-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          >
          > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          >
          >
          >
        • Bauke P. de Vries
          Hello Ben B, I read your explanation below and wonder if it is possible to replace this way a certain amount of spaces. The amount to start with must be a
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 4, 2004
          • 0 Attachment
            Hello Ben B,

            I read your explanation below and wonder if it is possible to replace
            this way a certain amount of spaces. The amount to start with must be a
            variable.
            I would like to be able to replace for instance every string of 18
            spaces with a tab and in the second run all strings of 17 spaces and so on.

            Thanks in advance (I'm used to Dutch; I hope you understand my English)

            Met vriendelijke groet,
            Bauke


            Ben B wrote:

            >On Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004
            >Marcel wrote regarding "RegExp in replacing?";
            >
            >
            >
            >>I wanted to replace a piece of text using RegExp. But I was unable to do
            >>it.
            >>This piece of text looked like [00:xx] where the xx stood for other
            >>numbers.
            >>I tried [00:**] or [00:{0,9}*] or even \[00:{0,9)*\]. But all it did was
            >>replace each zero, but ignore the second number. In the end of the
            >>replacing I had this remaining in the text:
            >>[ xx]
            >>
            >>
            >
            >You're getting close with \[00:{0,9)*\]
            >
            >It should be \[00:[0-9]*\]
            >But that will also find [00:] or [00:1] or [00:123] etc.
            >So I'd probably use \[[0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9]\]
            >or even \[\d\d:\d\d\]
            >
            >To define a character class you need to use brackets [] which is also
            >why you must escape the literal brackets that you are searching
            >for—thus \[ and \].
            >
            >To specify a range use a hyphen rather than a comma [A-Z] or [a-z] or
            >[0-9].
            >
            >\d represents any digit character and is equivalent to [0-9] so \d\d
            >will find any pair of digits.
            >
            >HTH
            >Ben B
            >
            >
            >To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:
            >mailto:notetab-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            >http://groups.yahoo.com/list/notetab
            >
            >
            >Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            >To visit your group on the web, go to:
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notetab/
            >
            >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            > notetab-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            >
            >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
          • Sheri
            ... replace ... be a ... and so on. ... English) ... The easiest way to do that would be to make a clip that takes care of all the series of replacements one
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 4, 2004
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Bauke P. de Vries" <bpdevries@h...>
              wrote:
              > Hello Ben B,
              >
              > I read your explanation below and wonder if it is possible to
              replace
              > this way a certain amount of spaces. The amount to start with must
              be a
              > variable.
              > I would like to be able to replace for instance every string of 18
              > spaces with a tab and in the second run all strings of 17 spaces
              and so on.
              >
              > Thanks in advance (I'm used to Dutch; I hope you understand my
              English)
              >
              > Met vriendelijke groet,
              > Bauke

              The easiest way to do that would be to make a clip that takes care
              of all the series of replacements one after the other. You could use
              variables, and wouldn't have to type out all those series of spaces.
              Without a clip you would be stuck with typing out all the spaces,
              Unless you want to replace, say, any consecutive series of spaces
              with a single tab. Or any consecutive series of spaces greater than
              x spaces. Then you could use a regular expression in the replace
              dialog box.

              Regards,
              Sheri
              >
              >
              > Ben B wrote:
              >
              > >On Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004
              > >Marcel wrote regarding "RegExp in replacing?";
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >>I wanted to replace a piece of text using RegExp. But I was
              unable to do
              > >>it.
              > >>This piece of text looked like [00:xx] where the xx stood for
              other
              > >>numbers.
              > >>I tried [00:**] or [00:{0,9}*] or even \[00:{0,9)*\]. But all it
              did was
              > >>replace each zero, but ignore the second number. In the end of
              the
              > >>replacing I had this remaining in the text:
              > >>[ xx]
              > >>
              > >>
              > >
              > >You're getting close with \[00:{0,9)*\]
              > >
              > >It should be \[00:[0-9]*\]
              > >But that will also find [00:] or [00:1] or [00:123] etc.
              > >So I'd probably use \[[0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9]\]
              > >or even \[\d\d:\d\d\]
              > >
              > >To define a character class you need to use brackets [] which is
              also
              > >why you must escape the literal brackets that you are searching
              > >for—thus \[ and \].
              > >
              > >To specify a range use a hyphen rather than a comma [A-Z] or [a-
              z] or
              > >[0-9].
              > >
              > >\d represents any digit character and is equivalent to [0-9] so
              \d\d
              > >will find any pair of digits.
              > >
              > >HTH
              > >Ben B
              > >
              > >
              > >To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:
              > >mailto:notetab-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              > >http://groups.yahoo.com/list/notetab
              > >
              > >
              > >Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >
              > >To visit your group on the web, go to:
              > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notetab/
              > >
              > >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
              > > notetab-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              > >
              > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
              > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
            • Ben B
              On Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 Bauke P. de Vries wrote regarding RegExp in replacing? ; ... Hi Bauke, I m certain NoteTab can do what you want, but as Sheri said
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 4, 2004
              • 0 Attachment
                On Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004
                Bauke P. de Vries wrote regarding "RegExp in replacing?";

                > I would like to be able to replace for instance every string of 18
                > spaces with a tab and in the second run all strings of 17 spaces and so on.

                Hi Bauke,

                I'm certain NoteTab can do what you want, but as Sheri said in her
                (spammish??) message it might be better to use a clip (which might or
                might not include regexps).

                However, as our beloved moderator frequently reminds us, this list is
                strictly for discussion of the very basic use of NoteTab (and I suspect
                this thread is already on thin ice).

                On the other hand, if you'd like to repost your question, perhaps in
                greater detail, on the Clips list <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com> you're
                sure to get a solution.

                HTH
                Ben B
              • Larry Thomas
                ... Here is information on subscribing to some of the other lists: CANNED MESSAGE FROM MY HELPER FILE: =================================== Discussion of clips
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
                • 0 Attachment
                  At 11:02 PM 2/4/04 -0800, Ben B wrote:
                  >On Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004
                  >Bauke P. de Vries wrote regarding "RegExp in replacing?";
                  >
                  >> I would like to be able to replace for instance every string of 18
                  >> spaces with a tab and in the second run all strings of 17 spaces and so on.
                  >
                  >Hi Bauke,
                  >
                  >I'm certain NoteTab can do what you want, but as Sheri said in her
                  >(spammish??) message it might be better to use a clip (which might or
                  >might not include regexps).
                  >
                  >However, as our beloved moderator frequently reminds us, this list is
                  >strictly for discussion of the very basic use of NoteTab (and I suspect
                  >this thread is already on thin ice).
                  >
                  >On the other hand, if you'd like to repost your question, perhaps in
                  >greater detail, on the Clips list <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com> you're
                  >sure to get a solution.

                  Here is information on subscribing to some of the other lists:

                  CANNED MESSAGE FROM MY HELPER FILE:
                  ===================================
                  Discussion of clips and how to write and use them is a subject reserved for
                  the NoteTab Clips list. Jody Adair also prefers that technical topics such
                  as regular expressions and how to write scripts also go to the Clips list
                  or the Scripts list. The basic list is for discussion of the basic
                  features of NoteTab for new users. You can join the other lists by sending
                  an empty post to which ever list or lists that apply to the subject of your
                  post:

                  The NoteTab Clips List............ ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  The NoteTab Scripts List.......... ntb-Scripts-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  The NoteTab HTML List............. ntb-HTML-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  The NoteTab Off-Topic List........ ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                  Jody also has set up a web page on his site to subscribe to or unsubscribe
                  from the lists at:

                  http://www.notetab.net/html/maillist.htm

                  If you want to reply with a clip to someone on the basic list and you do
                  not know whether he is on the Clips list or not, you can post your message
                  and clips to the Clips list and Cc: to the person you are replying to.

                  This message is provided for informational purposes only and it is not a
                  put down or rebuke of anyone. I am a listmember the same as you are and I
                  sometimes forget which list I am posting to and accidentally post a clip to
                  the basic list which Jody Adair has asked us not to do. Then I do one of
                  two things. 1.) I freeze up and hope nobody notices that I screwed up. 2.)
                  I choke on my own spit while I type up an apology to the list for the
                  mistake. This message is mainly for new listmembers who may see a clip
                  posted to the list and think that it is ok when it is not. The policy is
                  to avoid giving new users the impression that this list and NoteTab is for
                  programmers and causing them to unsubscribe because they do not want be
                  forced to learn programming to use NoteTab. Nothing could be farther from
                  the truth and we want everyone to know that you can find much to love about
                  this program with out ever using clips. Clips are just the icing on the
                  cake and we love to show them off. So Jody set up the Clips list so us
                  programmers can do just that. I have this message in a helper.otl file and
                  I paste it into my replies occassionally to help Jody Adair out because I
                  know how busy he is. We really do appreciate it when you limit your posts
                  to the correct list for the subject material.

                  Thank you.

                  END OF CANNED MESSAGE FROM MY HELPER FILE:
                  ==========================================

                  Regards,

                  Larry
                  lrt@... e¿ê
                • Sheri
                  ... I sure would like to know what made it spammish? Since I read messages for this group online, under ordinary circumstances I wouldn t even know what you
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
                  • 0 Attachment
                    --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Ben B <benb_i26up@x> wrote:

                    > I'm certain NoteTab can do what you want, but as Sheri said in her
                    > (spammish??) message it might be better to use a clip (which might

                    I sure would like to know what made it spammish? Since I read
                    messages for this group online, under ordinary circumstances I
                    wouldn't even know what you talking about. Fortunately another
                    member emailed me. My previous message was ontopic and to the point.
                    I hope this false positive doesn't have blacklisting consequences.
                    Maybe there there is a group settings that need to be tweaked. Jody?

                    Sheri
                  • John C Bullas (TRG: Univ. of Southampton)
                    ... have emailled the listowner how to turn off this poxy spam detector yahoo think actually works!!! John
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
                    • 0 Attachment
                      At 12:58 05/02/2004, Sheri wrote:
                      >------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      >Yahoo! Groups SpamGuard has detected that the attached message to the
                      >group notetab is likely to be spam. For more information
                      >about SpamGuard, please visit our help pages:
                      >http://groups.yahoo.com/local/spamguard.html
                      >------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      have emailled the listowner how to turn off this poxy spam detector yahoo
                      think actually works!!!

                      John
                    • hsavage
                      ... Sheri, I don t know where the Spam tag came from, but, the previous, and last message had attachments. I thought these lists were supposed to cull
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Sheri wrote:

                        > Subject:
                        > Re: [NTB] RegExp in replacing?
                        > From:
                        > "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...>
                        > Date:
                        > Thu, 05 Feb 2004 12:58:17 -0000
                        > To:
                        > notetab@yahoogroups.com
                        > To:
                        > notetab@yahoogroups.com
                        >
                        >--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Ben B <benb_i26up@x> wrote:
                        >
                        >>I'm certain NoteTab can do what you want, but as Sheri said in her
                        >>(spammish??) message it might be better to use a clip (which might
                        >
                        >
                        >I sure would like to know what made it spammish? Since I read
                        >messages for this group online, under ordinary circumstances I
                        >wouldn't even know what you talking about. Fortunately another
                        >member emailed me. My previous message was ontopic and to the point.
                        >I hope this false positive doesn't have blacklisting consequences.
                        >Maybe there there is a group settings that need to be tweaked. Jody?
                        >
                        >Sheri

                        Sheri,

                        I don't know where the Spam tag came from, but, the previous, and last
                        message had attachments. I thought these lists were supposed to cull
                        messages with attachments, or, at least, remove the attached.

                        The last message, the one I examined contained an attachment, consisting
                        of the message itself. Each attachment, in turn, contained an
                        attachment of itself.

                        I went back 3 levels and all contained the same thing.

                        hrs
                      • Marcel
                        In fear of going too far oftopic. I have the basic Notetab. Do I have a benefit if I also make myself a member on the Clips list? Or is the clips functionality
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
                        • 0 Attachment
                          In fear of going too far oftopic.
                          I have the basic Notetab. Do I have a benefit if I also make myself a
                          member on the Clips list? Or is the clips functionality not entirely
                          supported with the free version?

                          greetings,
                          Marcel de Jong

                          On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 04:01:15 -0600, Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
                          wrote:

                          > At 11:02 PM 2/4/04 -0800, Ben B wrote:
                          >> On Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004
                          >> Bauke P. de Vries wrote regarding "RegExp in replacing?";
                          >>
                          >>> I would like to be able to replace for instance every string of 18
                          >>> spaces with a tab and in the second run all strings of 17 spaces and
                          >>> so on.
                          >>
                          >> Hi Bauke,
                          >>
                          >> I'm certain NoteTab can do what you want, but as Sheri said in her
                          >> (spammish??) message it might be better to use a clip (which might or
                          >> might not include regexps).
                          >>
                          >> However, as our beloved moderator frequently reminds us, this list is
                          >> strictly for discussion of the very basic use of NoteTab (and I suspect
                          >> this thread is already on thin ice).
                          >>
                          >> On the other hand, if you'd like to repost your question, perhaps in
                          >> greater detail, on the Clips list <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com> you're
                          >> sure to get a solution.
                          >
                          > Here is information on subscribing to some of the other lists:
                          >
                          > CANNED MESSAGE FROM MY HELPER FILE:
                          > ===================================
                          > Discussion of clips and how to write and use them is a subject reserved
                          > for
                          > the NoteTab Clips list. Jody Adair also prefers that technical topics
                          > such
                          > as regular expressions and how to write scripts also go to the Clips list
                          > or the Scripts list. The basic list is for discussion of the basic
                          > features of NoteTab for new users. You can join the other lists by
                          > sending
                          > an empty post to which ever list or lists that apply to the subject of
                          > your
                          > post:
                          >
                          > The NoteTab Clips List............ ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                          > The NoteTab Scripts List.......... ntb-Scripts-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                          > The NoteTab HTML List............. ntb-HTML-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                          > The NoteTab Off-Topic List........ ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                          >
                          > Jody also has set up a web page on his site to subscribe to or
                          > unsubscribe
                          > from the lists at:
                          >
                          > http://www.notetab.net/html/maillist.htm
                          >
                          > If you want to reply with a clip to someone on the basic list and you do
                          > not know whether he is on the Clips list or not, you can post your
                          > message
                          > and clips to the Clips list and Cc: to the person you are replying to.
                          >
                          > This message is provided for informational purposes only and it is not a
                          > put down or rebuke of anyone. I am a listmember the same as you are and
                          > I
                          > sometimes forget which list I am posting to and accidentally post a clip
                          > to
                          > the basic list which Jody Adair has asked us not to do. Then I do one of
                          > two things. 1.) I freeze up and hope nobody notices that I screwed up.
                          > 2.)
                          > I choke on my own spit while I type up an apology to the list for the
                          > mistake. This message is mainly for new listmembers who may see a clip
                          > posted to the list and think that it is ok when it is not. The policy is
                          > to avoid giving new users the impression that this list and NoteTab is
                          > for
                          > programmers and causing them to unsubscribe because they do not want be
                          > forced to learn programming to use NoteTab. Nothing could be farther
                          > from
                          > the truth and we want everyone to know that you can find much to love
                          > about
                          > this program with out ever using clips. Clips are just the icing on the
                          > cake and we love to show them off. So Jody set up the Clips list so us
                          > programmers can do just that. I have this message in a helper.otl file
                          > and
                          > I paste it into my replies occassionally to help Jody Adair out because I
                          > know how busy he is. We really do appreciate it when you limit your
                          > posts
                          > to the correct list for the subject material.
                          >
                          > Thank you.
                          >
                          > END OF CANNED MESSAGE FROM MY HELPER FILE:
                          > ==========================================
                          >
                          > Regards,
                          >
                          > Larry
                          > lrt@... e¿ê
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          > To unsubscribe click on address below and send the message empty:
                          > mailto:notetab-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                          > http://groups.yahoo.com/list/notetab
                          > Yahoo! Groups Links
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          >
                        • Larry Thomas
                          Hi Marcel, ... It does not matter what version of NoteTab you have, freeware or shareware or none (although it would help you if you have a version to try
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
                          • 0 Attachment
                            Hi Marcel,

                            At 04:29 PM 2/5/04 +0100, you wrote:
                            >In fear of going too far oftopic.
                            >I have the basic Notetab. Do I have a benefit if I also make myself a
                            >member on the Clips list? Or is the clips functionality not entirely
                            >supported with the free version?
                            >
                            >greetings,
                            >Marcel de Jong

                            It does not matter what version of NoteTab you have, freeware or shareware
                            or none (although it would help you if you have a version to try things
                            on). The lists (all of them) are free to anyone to join and participate in
                            subject to the list rules which you receive in the welcome letter from Jody
                            when you subscribe. Things such as: Do not promote a competitor's product
                            on the list. Do not use bad language. Do not engage in personal attacks
                            on other listmembers and so forth and so on. Otherwise feel free to post
                            questions about NoteTab and clips to the proper lists. You can subscribe
                            or unsubscribe to any of the lists as often as you wish and you can change
                            your member settings as often as you wish. You can do these things by
                            email only or you can go to the website for each list and do the same or
                            you can do both.

                            Regards,

                            Larry
                            lrt@... e¿ê
                          • Jody
                            Hi Sheri and Others, I don t know what the requirements are for spammish, but Alice t... mentioned how to turn it off on the Off Topic list, so I will do so.
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
                            • 0 Attachment
                              Hi Sheri and Others,

                              I don't know what the requirements are for "spammish," but Alice
                              t... mentioned how to turn it off on the Off Topic list, so I
                              will do so. It is a group setting, so I'll have to do it for each
                              one. I'll get to it when I find some time. We have been just
                              disapproving SPAM in the past so you all never saw it. Actually,
                              Julie G. has been doing it for us for the past half year or so -
                              thanks Julie!

                              >> I'm certain NoteTab can do what you want, but as Sheri said in
                              >> her (spammish??) message it might be better to use a clip
                              >> (which might
                              >
                              >I sure would like to know what made it spammish? Since I read
                              >messages for this group online, under ordinary circumstances I
                              >wouldn't even know what you talking about. Fortunately another
                              >member emailed me. My previous message was ontopic and to the
                              >point. I hope this false positive doesn't have blacklisting
                              >consequences. Maybe there there is a group settings that need to
                              >be tweaked. Jody?


                              Happy Tab'n,
                              Jody Adair

                              NoteTabbers Assistant Page Clean-Funnies dot com
                              http://www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
                            • Julie
                              Coming soon to an email list near you (if it didn t take the first time)!
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
                              • 0 Attachment
                                Coming soon to an email list near you (if it didn't take the first time)!

                                >Maybe there there is a group settings that need to be tweaked. Jody?
                                >
                                >Sheri
                              • Alec Burgess
                                John: Your email which did not get treated as spam contains this header: X-eGroups-Rocket-Track: 1: 100 ; IPCR=n-w0,n100,g0 ; SERVER=66.218.86.252 Sheri s
                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  John:

                                  Your email which did not get treated as spam contains this header:
                                  X-eGroups-Rocket-Track: 1: 100 ; IPCR=n-w0,n100,g0 ; SERVER=66.218.86.252

                                  Sheri's which was marked as spam and converted to an attachment contains
                                  this:
                                  X-eGroups-Rocket-Track: -10 ; SFLAG=OPENRELAY ; IPCR=g-w0,n0,g100

                                  Other pseudo-spams from other yahoo-groups also seem to have this
                                  "SFLAG=OPENRELAY" tag in the X-eGroups-Rocket-Track.

                                  You said:
                                  > have emailled the listowner how to turn off this poxy spam detector
                                  > yahoo think actually works!!!

                                  Could you publish it here so I can pass it on to other lists/listowners. I'd
                                  had a look at the links from the page yahoo refernces:
                                  http://groups.yahoo.com/local/spamguard.html and didn't see anything that
                                  indicates it could be turned off per list.

                                  I hadn't thought to check the two lists I "own" for a way to turn it off on
                                  a per list basis since I only have them for personal use.

                                  If you found something could you post it here so it can be passed on?

                                  Regards ... Alec
                                  --

                                  ---- Original Message ----
                                  From: "John C Bullas (TRG: Univ. of Southampton)"
                                  <j.c.bullas@...> To: <notetab@yahoogroups.com>;
                                  <notetab@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 08:50
                                  Subject: [gla: Re: [NTB] RegExp in replacing? spamguard

                                  > At 12:58 05/02/2004, Sheri wrote:
                                  >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  >> Yahoo! Groups SpamGuard has detected that the attached message to the
                                  >> group notetab is likely to be spam. For more information
                                  >> about SpamGuard, please visit our help pages:
                                  >> http://groups.yahoo.com/local/spamguard.html
                                  >> ---------------------------------------------------
                                • Ben B
                                  On Thursday, Feb 05, 2004 Marcel wrote regarding Question about clips in basic notetab (was: Re: [NTB] RegExp in replacing?) ; ... Marcel, I believe the Light
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Feb 5, 2004
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    On Thursday, Feb 05, 2004
                                    Marcel wrote regarding "Question about clips in basic notetab (was: Re: [NTB] RegExp in replacing?)";

                                    > I have the basic Notetab. Do I have a benefit if I also make myself a
                                    > member on the Clips list? Or is the clips functionality not entirely
                                    > supported with the free version?

                                    Marcel,

                                    I believe the Light version supports clips. There is a comparison chart
                                    at <http://www.notetab.com/chart.php> Note that all three versions are
                                    "Programmable" which (I think) refers to the clip functions.

                                    The Light version doesn't support "Clipbars", but that's a different
                                    (though related) function.

                                    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

                                    HTH
                                    Ben B
                                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.