Note tabe does not display text on screen

  • Gordon Milton
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      Hi

      I recently installed Note Tab and was enjoying th use of it. I then had
      unrelated
      trouble with some other software which I had to uninstall. I even had to re
      setup
      windows 98.

      When I next ran Note Tab, I opened a text file, but the text would not
      display.
      The work are remained blank.

      I uninstalled and reinstalled Note Tab but to no avail.

      Can you help me please?

      Gordon Milton

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
        Hi Gordon,

        Make sure that the file does indeed have text in it first after
        you reboot Windows. Try opening it with Notepad and/or Wordpad.
        Ensure that it is the same file. You might try reinstalling your
        riched32.dll if the NoteTab version you are using is NoteTab
        Standard or Light. You should sign up for the NoteTab OffTopic
        list if you need help in getting riched32.dll off your Windows
        installation CD. Please see my signature line to subscribe to
        it or continue reading...

        You may sign up for the different discussion lists from either of
        the links below. Please read the following if you decide to sign
        up!

        If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do *not*
        post questions about Clips and other scripting languages on the
        Basic list. More difficult tasks should be posted on the Clips or
        Scripts lists. HTML should be posted on the HTML list and Off
        Topic discussion takes place on that list. Easy Thumbnails, Easy
        Imager, and Album Express list are for discussion of those
        programs. The most important thing to remember is please leave
        the Basic list for the *very basic* use of NoteTab. The other
        lists are a lot more flexible for instance Clips can be/and are
        welcomed on the HTML list. Thanks!!!

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        >I recently installed NoteTab and was enjoying th use of it. I
        >then had unrelated trouble with some other software which I had
        >to uninstall. I even had to re setup windows 98.
        >
        >When I next ran NoteTab, I opened a text file, but the text
        >would not display.
        >The work are remained blank.
        >
        >I uninstalled and reinstalled NoteTab but to no avail.
        >
        >Can you help me please?

        Happy Topics,
        Jody

        The NoteTab Off-Topic List