Merging Files...

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
      Hi John,

      I replied from my support address where you wrote, but he it is on the list.

      I take it you want to merge them, insert one after another. You
      can use Document | Insert File... assuming you have exported them
      into a regular text file. or download my DirStuff Library. You
      wan the Append To File... and/or the Append To Directory Clips...
      If that is not what you want I suggest that you sign up for my
      Clips discussion mailing list. Do not discuss Clips on this list,
      please!!!

      http://www.notetab.net/zip/dirstuff.zip

      We do not support our freeware. We simply do not have the
      resources to provide help for our freeware. I'm sorry!

      I run (with the help of moderators;) quite a few discussion mailing
      lists for our products on yahoogroups.com You can get fast,
      courteous, and useful help on them.

      You may sign up for the different discussion lists from either of
      the links below. Please read the following if you decide to sign
      up!

      If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do *not*
      post questions about Clips and other scripting languages on the
      Basic list. More difficult tasks should be posted on the Clips or
      Scripts lists. HTML should be posted on the HTML list and Off
      Topic discussion takes place on that list. Easy Thumbnails, Easy
      Imager, and Album Express list are for discussion of those
      programs. The most important thing to remember is please leave
      the Basic list for the *very basic* use of NoteTab. The other
      lists are a lot more flexible for instance Clips can be/and are
      welcomed on the HTML list. Thanks!!!

      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      The NoteTabbers Assistant Page (Useful Libraries and Clips for
      NoteTab, an excellent text and HTML editor): http://www.notetab.net

      >I would appreciate your combined expert advices on this one...
      >
      >I am a road safety researcher collecting lots of CSV files like the
      >example in the directory given above..... (in the files area)
      >
      >I want to translate/combine them into a single flat file for further
      >analysis, one row per data file) no modification of the contents is
      >required just transposition and combination of the contents of many
      >CSV files into one flat file (CSV)
      >
      >The output needs to be able to accomodate inputs at twice the
      >resolution with up to 6 seconds of data (see the vert_layout.csv
      >vertical layout with extra time points)

      See ya in the funnies!

      http://www.clean-funnies.com

      you missed a good joke! 8D

    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
        all you want to do is take regular files and read a bunch of them into
        one flat file?
        how do you want them separated?

        This is a topic for the clips list I suppose, so post it over there or
        email me directly.
        Could easily be done with perl or a clip, probably with access etc.

        John C Bullas wrote:

        > Good Day
        >
        > I would appreciate your combined expert advices on this one...
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2004
          hi
          the program below converts it to text
          Sam Francke

          Email to: s.j.francke@...
          Homepage: http://home.hccnet.nl/s.j.francke/t2t/text2table.htm

          Address to send a postcard:
          Sam Francke
          Arendlaan 41
          3853 SB Ermelo
          The Netherlands

          THANKYOU DAVE
          > I would appreciate your combined expert advices on this one...
          >
          > I am a road safety researcher collecting lots of CSV files like the
          > example in the directory given above..... (in the files area)
          >
          > I want to translate/combine them into a single flat file for further
          > analysis, one row per data file) no modification of the contents is
          > required just transposition and combination of the contents of many
          > CSV files into one flat file (CSV)
          >
          > The output needs to be able to accomodate inputs at twice the
          > resolution with up to 6 seconds of data (see the vert_layout.csv
          > vertical layout with extra time points)
          >
          > It looked like (g)awk could "walk the talk" however having visited
          > this page......
          >
          > http://www.gnu.org/software/gawk/manual/html_mono/gawk.html
          >
          > .... I am running scared (I am NOT a programmer) ;)
          >
          > HOWEVER anyone man (or woman) enough to assist me in greater detail
          > in doing this task with notetab will be rewarded accordingly with a
          > few international beer/wine vouchers via paypal and a mentiuon in my
          > PhD!
          >
          > I have no budget for what I need as I am funding the research out of
          > my own pocket :(
          >
          > I am really struggling here to get the job done...
          >
          > Best Regards
          >
          > John C Bullas
          > http://www.soton.ac.uk/~johnb/

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • John C Bullas (TRG: Univ. of Southampton)
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2004
            At 12:24 03/02/2004, you wrote:
            >hi
            >the program below converts it to text

            I am trying to work out if it will extract text with common leading
            characters and transpose it
            into a table with a single leading line of column field names

            John