Replace Large Selection?

  • menenomingi
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2004
      Hi,

      I've just been successfully using Note Tab.

      I had to uninstall a large program that was not being used any
      longer, and now when I try to use Note Tab I get this little Java
      window opening asking me to confirm "Replace Large Selection?"

      Also, when I load a text file, nothing is displayed!

      Can anyone help please?

      By the way I have uninstalled and reinstalled note tabe AND windows
      '98.

      Thanks in advance,

      Gordon
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2004
        Hi menenomingi,

        I'd first try opening NoteTab's INI file found in its main folder
        (NotePro.ini or NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Retype over a letter
        so that it creates a state of needing to be saved. Simply save
        the file with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini)
        in front of it and restart NoteTab. Restart NoteTab.

        If that does not work, try a new INI file by renaming the current
        so you can save your settings by going back to the original if it
        doesn't help. If you want to create a new INI file, close NoteTab
        and rename NotePro.ini found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for
        Std/Light). Start up NoteTab and it will use its default settings
        actually creating the INI file when you shut it down.

        If that fixes it, try going through the same procedure, but
        rename your original INI file back to its original name. If it
        looks OK then, all is well. If not you will need to build the new
        INI file again and redo all your settings. You might be able to
        get away with copying all the text in the old INI file and
        pasting it into the new INI file. Simply save the file with an
        exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front of it
        and restart NoteTab.

        If you are not running version 4.95, I'd upgrade to it.

        >I had to uninstall a large program that was not being used any
        >longer, and now when I try to use NoteTab I get this little Java
        >window opening asking me to confirm "Replace Large Selection?"

        > By the way I have uninstalled and reinstalled note tabe AND
        > windows '98.

        See ya in the funnies,
        Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

        http://www.clean-funnies.com
      • douglaskinney_phd
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9, 2004
          I just downloaded and installed notetab for the second time after a
          system crash. My first download worked perfect but after the crash,
          I downloaded the program and when I open the program to start using
          it I keep getting the followin message that pops up in a box:
          Confirm "Replace Large Selection? Yes or No. Regardless of what I
          choose the program will not let me type anything into the screen. It
          keeps popping up with the Replace Large Selection? Can anyone tell
          me what is going on or how to correct it. I am running windows 98 se.
          Thanks for the help. When the program was installed the first time
          it was wonderful and I really would like to get it back online.
          douglaskinney_phd@...
          Message 4 of 4 , May 9, 2004
            Hi Douglas,

            The problem you are have normally is because the riched32.dll is
            corrupt. Try renaming your current one found in your Systems
            folder to something like riched32.dll.old You can get a copy off
            your Windows installation CD, or search for it on the Internet.
            If you need more help with this, please sign up for the NoteTab
            OffTopic list and ask there. (See my signature line or go to the
            link below to sign up for the list.)

            either of the links below. We use yahoogroups for the lists.
            Please read the following if you decide to sign up!

            If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do *not*
            post questions about NoteTab Clips and other scripting languages
            (such as RegExp, Perl, VB, etc.) on the NoteTab Basic list.

            discussion takes place on the ntb-OffTopic list. MailBag
            Assistant, Easy Thumbnails, Easy Imager, and Album Express list
            are for discussion of those programs.

            are a lot more flexible, for instance, Clips can be/and are
            welcomed on the HTML list. Thanks!!!

            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

            http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home ;) Thanks!

            >I just downloaded and installed notetab for the second time after a
            >system crash. My first download worked perfect but after the crash,
            >I downloaded the program and when I open the program to start using
            >it I keep getting the followin message that pops up in a box:
            >Confirm "Replace Large Selection? Yes or No. Regardless of what I
            >choose the program will not let me type anything into the screen. It
            >keeps popping up with the Replace Large Selection?

            Happy Topics,
            Jody

            The NoteTab Off-Topic List
            All Fookes Software mailing lists: