RE: [NTB] Digest Number 1181

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2004
      Hi Kathy G.,

      >Are libraries the same as clip books?

      Yes, for all practical purposes. Technically, there is the
      Clipbook (also called Clipbook Library) and it loads or holds so
      to speak Libraries. You can have one active at a time. It is
      basically, the Clipbook is basically just the means or window
      that Libraries are displayed in. (See Help | NoteTab Glossary for
      terms. It is pretty exhaustive as far as NoteTab goes.)

      >How do you use them? Do you just click on it before you paste
      >your text? I don't really understand how that works. Any
      >information would be great.

      Library files reside in NoteTab's Libraries folder.
      Toggle the Clipbook open/closed with F4 (or Tools | Clipbook Properties).
      Activate a Library from the Libraries bar at the bottom of the
      screen. Click on View | Libraries bar if you don't see it; it has
      buttons with the names of the Libraries on it.
      You can also activate a Library from the Library name combo box above
      the larger pane where all the Clips are lists. (Alt+1 will activate
      the 1st Library, Alt+2 the 2nd and so on.

      There is not really a blanket statement on how to use a Clip,
      because they can be used in so many different ways. It depends on
      how the Clip is written. Normally there are some kind of
      instructions given depending on who wrote the Library. In a lot
      of the Clips in the HTML Library that comes with NoteTab, you
      select text first and then click on the Clip. (Single click if
      you have "Single click to execute" checked in Options | Clipbook).
      Other Clips require that you fill in a wizard that pops up like
      the HTML beginning. Oh, the ones that wrap the selection are like
      close tag. Other Clips might launch a program. another, gather
      data from a directory and another to give you a list of all open
      tabs and then click on one to focus it. And, the list goes on.
      Don't worry about trying to figure all that out. Just take it as
      you run across it. :)

      >Kathy in CNY

      OK, I give; where is CNY? (This hillbilly dares to say country New York. <g>)

      Happy Tab'n,
      Jody Adair

      NoteTabbers Assistant Page Clean-Funnies dot com
      http://www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com