Re: proper posting

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2004
      snip
      > ==I guess the bottom line is that people want to be able to ask without
      > feeling 'wrong' to do so. And not *everyone* knows what belongs in what
      > group--even if you offer explanations. (I still don't *use* clips,
      > personally, so I've no *clue* what the hell they are! LOL.)
      snip
      Well the good news here is you can delete, ignore, or talk even where
      you aren't welcome, try that in RL.

      The reasons for trying to keep the lists on topic (and for splitting
      them) is many fold. To have some of the script discussion on the basic
      list would turn people off so fast. Heck, I have been using this thing
      for years, and it is my favorite software, period (although firebird
      with its many extensions is getting hot real fast too), and yet still I
      delete without trying to understand some of the clips or scripts posts
      because they are beyond my current comprehension. It is worth joining
      some of the more advanced lists and learning how to use clips. They are
      wonderful things. Meanwhile, post when you have questions and then move
      when they say you should. Over time you will realize what list is best
      for what, but until then, ask and you shall be redirected. Learn Clips,
      Learn Clips, Learn Clips.