Re: [NTB] Intermittant Paste Board

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 5, 2004
      Hi Harv,

      > > I use an extensive version of PasteClips. It never dawned on me
      > > that it could have been my XP Pro upgrade causing the repeated
      > > Paste Backs every now and then. It makes sense though since it
      > > started happening quite awhile ago which has been about the same
      > > time I upgraded to XP. I'll see if Eric can look into it during
      > > the next NoteTab upgrade.
      >
      >By 'repeated Paste Backs' do you mean, if you 'Copy or Cut' an
      >item, you will sometimes get a double paste of that item in your
      >PasteBoard file?

      Sorry for the late post... No, I meant using the Paste Back
      feature sometimes NoteTab (?) goes wild like in a loop and and
      might send me 2-20... or so of the same text, but what is weird
      is if I block it with like a Ctrl+C so that no more get pasted,
      it appears to stop. I don't know if it just gets out of the loop
      or if the Ctrl+C is detected (Shift or just Ctrl works the same -
      basically just block the document from being pasted to) and it
      quits.

      >At times, I will copy or cut text from another source (app), I
      >hear my PasteBoard audible signal, upon closing the offending app
      >I will get another PB audible. Upon inspection I 'will have' 2
      >identical pastes in the PasteBoard.

      That is exactly why Eric had to put the fix in so that if NoteTab
      sees the same text copied to the Clipboard it will/should not
      except another. The reason is there are some programs out there
      that will copy to the Clipboard (especially on shut down) 2-3
      times. Bad programming I suppose. So way back when Eric put the
      block in. If you need to copy the same text, you need to go one
      character +/- so that NoteTab sees it as a different copy. When
      using PasteBack you need to use a SetClipboard ^%Empty% or
      something similar because you might need to copy the same text
      again. I forget exactly what I did for my work-around when Eric
      did the block.

      >Second past always happens when I Close the App I'm working in.
      >Doesn't happen every time but always when multi-tasking.
      >
      >Maybe in your case it has something to do with the XP upgrade, I
      >have XP Home, not an upgrade but, a new computer, it happens now
      >and it also happened in Win98.

      See ya in the funnies,
      Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

      http://www.clean-funnies.com